GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

need new brake pads and rotors

koreaniverson

Autocross Champion
need to replace my rear brake pads and maybe rotors as well only after 22,000 miles on my '06 GTI... this seems extremely premature for such a replacement but am told that this is normal with VWs... :fighting0030: anyhow, what manufacturers do you recommend? any help would be greatly appreciated! :help:

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
stock (oem) rotors, hawk hps pads

naphi_shift

Ready to race!
check your rotors... is there any warpage? if its still smooth, then there is really no reason to get new rotors. you shouldn't have to replace your rotors so early. they gon say that vw recommends it, but thats such BS. they may also warn you that you might have vibration is your brake pedal if u dont replace the rotor, but if your rotors are smooth, then its probably not going to happen. just replace your pads and save your money.

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
yeah my rear breaks went out at around 25k miles. THat sounds normal for our cars. I dont know why our rears go out so soon. My fronts are starting to squeek now so i will get hawk composite pads and ss lines and high temp fluid. i will do the rears once those go out again

edit: they rid both my pads and rotors in the back btw

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
I have stock pads and rotors, 42,000 miles.. rotors are in excellent shape, pads are getting reasonably worn.. I expect to get a whole nother cycle out of the rotors.. no warping at all

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
ehh, i guess i drive hard lol