GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My stage 2 review.

VWconvert

ozone killer..
Car(s)
06 gti
Well 48 hrs ago I went revo stage 2 on my 2006 gti 6 speed. I am using the base tune as the weather is seriously hot right now. I had debated on apr or or revo for some time. I chose revo due to the inflated prices of apr products and the lack of flexibility in turbo selection and add on parts for the future. I had all apr products on my b6 audi a4 and cannot say a bad thing about their products. This is simply a review of my revo stage 2 tune not an apr vs. revo debate,that shits old, lets just make that clear.
Now for the tune. Wow... I have substantial wheel spin in 1st and 2nd. Third is devilish and I actually have power in 4th and 5th. I spike around 22psi and hold 17-18. The tune is smooth as silk. I have not had any fuel cut issues but I change my cam follower every 20k and oil every 3k. So I am a little obsessive in the maintinence catagory. Does anyone have any reccomendations for sps settings and are my experiences similar to yours? Thanks revo. Excellent product!:thumbsup:

zombievore

Ready to race!
Were you Stage 1 before or did you go straight to Stage 2? If you were Stage 1 how does Stage 1 -> Stage 2 compare to Stock -> Stage 1? I currently have APR Stage 1 and am seriously thinking about getting a downpipe and going Stage 2 in the near future. One thing that's kind of holding me back is concern about possible reliability issues that may arise. I'm assuming you did your research so would you say that Stage 2 reliability can be worse than Stage 1?

Congrats on the upgrade! :thumbsup:

ErinGoBraugh

BeezKneez
Car(s)
Black 08 GTI
thumbs up on the upgrade!!!

But....I'm apr stage 1, and I spike at 22 and hold at 17/18. Shouldn't you be getting a little more boost?

VWconvert

ozone killer..
Car(s)
06 gti
I did not have stage one. I went straight to stage 2 because I got a great deal on my eurojet/jun bl exhaust set up. I have not had the tune long but I think maintinence is the issue in most cases for the stage 2 tune.I have done the following to prepare: 3k Oil changes, rev. d diverter valve, rev. f coil packs, 20k cam follower change intervals and weekly monitoring of oil consumption. I truely believe that the fuel cuts are attributed to worn cam followers and repeated low oil levels. These cars eat oil. If your new to the 2.0t then it can sneak up on you. Do the work yourself and there should be no issues. I am considering aprs fuel pump when it goes on sale just to ensure proper fueling down the road. I have some serious plans for this car. Stage 2 gave me the mod virius. ha ha. Good luck man. get it!

VWconvert

ozone killer..
Car(s)
06 gti
Erin, possibly. But you know that can also be attributed to heatsoak and 90 degree temps. I am running the base tune so my car is not tweaked for an agressive tune. From what I have researched spiking 21 to 22 and holding 17-18 is par for the tune. Maybe you just have the luck of the irish, haha. Thanks.

easydubbin

every day i'm dubbin it
Subd went stage 1 at WF and need more power so I'm going stage 2 this weekend...anyone have recommended mods to reduce wheelspin? Would a walk kit new bushings help at all??

you got a torque mount insert yet? keeps the wheels planted at least. less likely to induce wheelspin?

VWconvert

ozone killer..
Car(s)
06 gti
kevve, bsh dog bone mount, engine mounts and some falken azenis tires. (Thanks angel @ forge). These should put the power down.

TheKnightedKing

VR6 Turbo FTW!
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
Subd went stage 1 at WF and need more power so I'm going stage 2 this weekend...anyone have recommended mods to reduce wheelspin? Would a walk kit new bushings help at all??

Peloquin if you have the O2M, Quaife if you have the DSG.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Welcome to more power. Wavetrac also excellent LSD.

I started at Revo stg 1, then added a DP, and eventually went to stg 2. The difference is not dramatic between 1 and 2, but response a bit snappier as they run a little more timing I believe. Going to a free flow downpipe after getting flashed with stg 1 was a huge difference.

My car runs very strong on 6-4-9 with 93 octane. I believe stock performance setting is 6-2-9 which will run on 91 octane or better.

ErinGoBraugh

BeezKneez
Car(s)
Black 08 GTI
Possibly the luck o' the Irish! haha

mk5gtiguy

Pwaffle Champion
Were you Stage 1 before or did you go straight to Stage 2? If you were Stage 1 how does Stage 1 -> Stage 2 compare to Stock -> Stage 1? I currently have APR Stage 1 and am seriously thinking about getting a downpipe and going Stage 2 in the near future. One thing that's kind of holding me back is concern about possible reliability issues that may arise. I'm assuming you did your research so would you say that Stage 2 reliability can be worse than Stage 1?

Congrats on the upgrade! :thumbsup:

Go stage 2 and get the downpipe. You will love it. My car has been running stage 2 for about 40k not one problem. Just recently went stage 2 plus with the fuel pump and in love with it even more