GOLFMKV

my seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

attheline

dubbin it
Car(s)
07 MKV GTI
ok so my idiot friend put a hole in my seat from a cigarette. :mad: ive got the plaid seats and was wondering if vw's warranty will take care of this, or should i just need to kill my friend. or if theres any other option im definetely up for hearing it. thanx.

Apoc112

Wants Fast
can't say for sure, but my guess is that you're going to be spending a pretty penny to get this fixed, dealer or otherwise. that fabric is ridiculously expensive.

best resolution would be to take the dealer's quote to your friend and show him what kind of damage he caused. any decent person should offer to take care of damages they caused. if not, take his ass to judge judy... and stop letting people smoke in your car - it's disgusting.

WasabiPossum

Geezer
Possible "fix:" I had a burn-hole approx. 1/2" wide in my 1991 MR-2 Turbo. A good car upholstery shop was able to stretch the fabric and hide the stitches in such a way that the hole "disappeared." The MR-2 also had a fabric pattern that I thought could not be repaired, but I was wrong. :wink:

This approach might work with your car, even with the pronounced "Interlagos" pattern. Worth a try, at least. :iono:

Never let ANYONE smoke in your car, ever! I learned lesson the hard way, way back in 1992!

Now go and get a blowtorch and turn it
wide open on the feet of the idiotwho did the damage! :smoking: :evil: :rolleyes:

hobouncer

rocking the hawk
i contacted vw and they only cover certian types of smoke. and sorry they only cover weed holes.. and then the representative said have you ever seen a 20 dollar bill have you ever seen a 20 dollar bill on weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Status
Not open for further replies.