GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My POS vs a RX-8

waywong

n00b sauce
Im bone stock idk about the RX8 but i knew it wasnt an 'S' model or w/e mazda calls their higher power model.
I was waiting at the light on rt 1; the light turns green i slowly accelerate to about 15 or 20mph until i heard this screaming exhaust coming from the other lane. I was all relaxed and listening to my jazz when i realized this guy in the rx8 was going at it. I was already in 3rd gear at 35mph when i was debating whether or not to waste more gas. i decided to floor it until i had about 6 or 7 car lengths on him when i was at about 104 mph. i stopped at the red light down the road to a thumbs down and a ricer fly by the guy from the rx8

gas well wasted. :laughabove:

the end

MasterGunnZ

The sex
Car(s)
GTI
Nice kill! Imagine what bolt ons would of done to him. HAHA. That's pretty shitty that RX8 person gave you a thumbs down so here is a:thumbsup: from me.

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Car(s)
2007 GTI CW 6MT
Nice one

btek

loveVAG
Car(s)
08 GTI MKV
i never liked the rx8s, the only thing they had going was the custom illumination on the dash on the inside. the rest is doo doo.

lol way!, the last member id see to post in this section is you:lol:
nice though...
did you move to JC yet? swing by the bar, ill hook you up!:drinking:
o yea.. be careful 'round here' ...lotsa trolls!:rolleyes:
:middlefinger:

atombomb33

Ready to race!
Either full of shit. Or the RX8 driver wasn't racing.

The fact that he gave you a thumbs down was his way of telling he didn't race and that you're a d-bag for thinking it was a race.

By the way, you would not walk away from an RX-8. It is nearly identical in acceleration to the GTI (possibly a small bit faster).

But, in all seriousness, what really made you think this was a race?

WickedLou9

I'm a geek
Car(s)
2008 GTI

The fact that he gave you a thumbs down was his way of telling he didn't race and that you're a d-bag for thinking it was a race.

By the way, you would not walk away from an RX-8. It is nearly identical in acceleration to the GTI (possibly a small bit faster).

the RX-8 is a dog. 14.5 in the quarter is the same as a stock GTI... from a roll the GTI would kill it, as we have in this case.

With the help of an 8000-rpm clutch drop and the engine buzzing like a flock of angry hornets, the RX-8 scooted to 60 mph in 5.9 seconds and through the quarter-mile in 14.5 seconds at 96 mph. But that performance falls off considerably without a tire-frying launch. In our street-start test from 5 to 60 mph, the RX-8 needed 7.5 seconds—1.6 seconds longer than the hard-launch time, which is twice the deficit we found with either of the other cars. And despite its trim weight and short gearing (20 mph per 1000 rpm in sixth), the RX-8 also had the slowest top-gear acceleration times by a wide margin.

the GTI can do 5-60 in 6.7 seconds. Almost a full second faster to 60.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews..._rx-8-comparison_tests/2004_mazda_rx-8_page_5

for one your talking about the 238hp(lol yeah right) 6port 6speed RX8...the OP wasnt talking about that one...he assumed it was the slower 4 port(190hp), which most are auto and run 16's...but even if it was the 6port RX8 99.9% of people that drive those go low low 15's anyways...there slow as dog shit; and only a very very select few can get them to run high 14's stock...and most trap ~89mph btw...lol...btw, the 6port motors tipically put down ~high 170's-mid 180whp stock...:thumbsup:

for one your talking about the 238hp(lol yeah right) 6port 6speed RX8...the OP wasnt talking about that one...he assumed it was the slower 4 port(190hp), which most are auto and run 16's...but even if it was the 6port RX8 99.9% of people that drive those go low low 15's anyways...there slow as dog shit; and only a very very select few can get them to run high 14's stock...and most trap ~89mph btw...lol...btw, the 6port motors tipically put down ~high 170's-mid 180whp stock...:thumbsup:

they are slow because theyre not made for the quartermile.
they are one of the few cars that achieved a 50/50 weight ratio and it works wonderfully at the track.
now a straight line is really not their forte' (they have the speed3 for that) so its not impossible that it got beat by a stock GTI like the OPs

gottiR32

Banned
Car(s)
Duh .:R32 Hello?

atombomb33

Ready to race!

Agree...they're both slow as dog shit. Neither car is fast in stock form. But, they are very comparable in acceleration.

Where did you get your numbers? The car will run 93-96mph easily in the 1/4 and pretty consistently. Right where a stock GTI will be. These cars are pretty damn even.

And, the only way to tell the auto vs. the 6MT is to look inside the interior which is impossible in this case since the GTI was supposedly car lengths ahead. Plus, the OP believes that the rotary was spinning at 9000rpm which only the 6MT will do (the auto tranny is limited to 7500rpm redline). So, it had to have been a 6MT if the OP is telling the truth.

the RX-8 is a dog. 14.5 in the quarter is the same as a stock GTI... from a roll the GTI would kill it, as we have in this case.

the GTI can do 5-60 in 6.7 seconds. Almost a full second faster to 60.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews..._rx-8-comparison_tests/2004_mazda_rx-8_page_5

Nice job paper racer. I owned an RX-8 and have several friends with GTIs. They don't walk away from the RX-8. And, if driven properly, the RX-8 will pull ever so slightly. Dig or roll. To put 6-7 car lengths (as the OP claims), the guy simply wasn't trying.

a screaming rotary at 9k rpm isnt considered 'normal' acceleration to me :wink:

Do you have any clue what a rotary sounds like at 9k rpm? I thought you said in the OP that you heard the exhaust? So, what did you hear?

waywong

n00b sauce
the rx-8 trying or not trying doesnt really matter; im really not trying to prove whos faster; im driving a stock car; with little to no street racing experience; this is just what happened from my stand point

Where did you get your numbers? The car will run 93-96mph easily in the 1/4 and pretty consistently.
I get those numbers from watching probably over 100 passes of stock and even slightly modded 6ports running at the track...so those numbers; come from my EYE BALLS...not the mags..."paper racer"...:biggrin:

and the op in his first post stated that it was probably the slower RX8(ie auto 4port 190hp)...which in no way is comparable stock to a GTI...and its readily apparent the OP doesn’t know that much about rotaries...he doesn’t give a shit...their garbage...okay I take that back...there cool if your crazy and build one only to get 10k miles out of it...