GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My non-VW... 240SX build

03vrgli

I want a BNR32
Car(s)
08 Jti
I copied this from another forum im on..
I figure i'll start a build thread for my car.. I cant do much to it right now anyways stuck at home with no license other than getting together parts that i need.
I'll put together everything that has been done up until this point and i'll update whenever something goes down...

CAR: 1992 Nissan 240SX SE
DHO=Juniper Green Metallic with brown interior
SR20DET

Heres a link to the thread when my friend Phil swapped the SR20DET into it in 2005..
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=145483

then came the GTI-R T-28

then came the Front Mount Intercooler and Oil Catch Can and battery relocated to trunk

Then i got a one way ticket to Orlando, bought the car for a steal of a price off a friend and drove it home to MA..

When i first got it..

The drivetrain and body was everything i could ask for being low mileage and rust free.. but along the 1300 mile trip from Vero Beach i found there were a few things i'd need to take care of...

It had: an SS Autocrap ebay catback which was so loud and borderline ricey, which i replaced with my extra Apex'i N1 Evo 1 piece catback i had lying around..

It had blown oem shocks all around and Dropzone lowering springs and it rode horrible.. supposedly it was a drag racing setup.. it did squat off the line tho.. haha eew!! I swapped that crap out with my Kyb Agx adjustables with Tein S-Tech springs.. rides mint now, stiff, just not low enough in front.. coilovers may be in the future but the roads around here suck...

it also had SE-R Sentra wheels Which i replaced with my 5Zigen FN01-RC's which are much lighter...

A year or 2 ago i was on my way to Hot Import Nights, i went thru the toll booth going into boston on the pike. i start going up the hill and it started sputtering and went bang and died... theres no breakdown lane there so i threw my 4ways on and coasted in the right lane until my friend had to get out and run behind the car pushing until we found a pull off under mass ave... I pop the hood to see this

as you can see my spark plug unthreaded itself and shot out destroying the coilpack and the plastic cover which was melted to the exhaust manifold..
the spark plug welded itself upside down to the valve cover... thankfully the threads were all still mint.... the tow truck driver dropped us off at BK in Dorchester where we had to wait 2 hours for a different tow truck
So 2 days later thanks to Jon she was running again after he hooked me up with a full set of coilpacks and harness..

after a few more months of being daily driven it started to sound like **** and not make boost to save its life.. i pulled off the turbo and manifold and found a massive crack on the manifold right before where it meets the turbo...
so i give the manifold to my friend who welds for a living and has access to nice welders and such..

before i even got my manifold back the turbo was stolen out of the hatch in my own driveway..
So it sits... hasn't moved under its own power for 2 years now...
i found that massive k&n filter with stillen adapter and q45 MAF on a Q45 in the junkyard for $5

Somehow i ended up with an extra Pignose front lip so i installed that onto my Chuki bumper as well as a MINT black hood and headlight covers..

working on a custom Co2 intercooler sprayer..

all the oil stains shampooed out and im surprised how nice the carpet looks. I cant find any pics of my s14 seats.. i still need to put my vin plate on the new dash...

R32 gts steering wheel and NGK Afx wideband air/fuel meter

Rare tan leather backseat junkyard find

New parts WOOOO!!!!
used Blitz 3' DP..
this thing is MINT.. like brand new..
my old megan one fit weird with my exhaust and rubbed the framerail.
the new one curves away from where it was rubbing so it should work mint.....

And im grabbing these off my friend used.

as well as some Suspension Techniques sway bars..

Now i just need a vlsd or a welded diff..

My SR tranny has a bad 2nd gear synchro or so i thought.. (there isn't much of 2nd gear left at all)... and shifting from 1st to 3rd is no fun with a boosted 240...
So i had an extra KA tranny chillin so im swapping the bellhousings to get one step closer to driving this bish and actually enjoying it...
The SR uses an .838:1 gear ratio and the KA uses a .759:1 gear ratio in 5th so in theory i will be at a lower rpm doing the same speed on the highway which should help the life of this motor

PICS!!!!!

Draining the SR tranny^^.. That eff'd up short throw shifter is probably the reason im doing this!!!

Remove everything so you can get to these 5 bolts^ and remove the cover you will have this..

Remove the big snap ring around the input shaft bearing^

Then proceed to remove the reverse lockout plate, shifter return springs, and speedometer sensor..

Get some boards, and stand the tranny upright and remove the bolts holding the bellhousing and tail-section to the sandwich plate. I removed the tail section by banging on it with a rubber mallet until it came loose, then held the shifter to the left, pulled up a few inches then rotated the tail 90 degrees counter-clockwise and pulled up and it came off easy...

then lay the tranny back down with a board propping up the rear of the bellhousing, take a rubber mallet to the input shaft and a hammer lightly to the tabs on the sandwich plate and it will eventually work its way apart from the bellhousing...

then do it all again for your other tranny..

And you will have this....

^ SR gearset 2nd gear is toast!!

KA near, SR far

KA on left / SR on right

Parts everywhere!!

KA on top sr on bottom

Now i just need to CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN everything and get some gasket-maker and gear oil and re-assemble :)

Victorious!!!!
Just need to fill up the gear oil and wait for my turbo to arrive and this thing will be running!

Theres so many parts and bikes and crap in my garage i couldn't get a legit pic of the seats...

I have a 5pt harness, is it ok to have the shoulder straps attatched to my rear strut bar?..
it seems high enough but IDK.. thoughts?

UPDATES SOON HOPEFULLY!!!!

03vrgli

I want a BNR32
Car(s)
08 Jti
Very nice.... I noticed the car came with Sentra SER Spec-V wheels... from 02-03 models

Yea... I just sold them actually..
FWD offset sunken battleship status LOL

Update.. New Parts..
Can't wait to put them in..
180sx Kouki Tails/ Wangan wing..

Power Enterprise PE1420 turbo:happyanim:

Big A

Smoked dem cigarettes
glad to see someone actually has money to sink into their s13...bunch of shitty s13s riding around here and the only mod they have is an ebay exhaust on a stock ka

in for moar :)!

Midnight00SE

Mr. Othy
Next time I make a trip up to my friend's in Belchertown, we should meet up. I love me some SR-240s. I could tell a few of those pics were taken up at the Quabbin.

03vrgli

I want a BNR32
Car(s)
08 Jti
Got my taillights installed.
just ordered some new turbo outlet studs, copper nuts, and nissan locking tabs.. gotta get turbo lines and this thing should be running :)
Damn i need paint..

03vrgli

I want a BNR32
Car(s)
08 Jti
so what's your estimate on this bad boy running in the quarter mile? any idea?

My buddy who i bought the car from used to drag race it weekly down in Orlando and i want to say he was running consistent mid 12's with the old t28 setup on dunlop sp sport fm901 tires..
I've never dragged the car, only a few amateur drift events and auto-x..
Im hoping for high 11's but i don't plan on doing too much drag racing..

s4mt3k

binary four
Car(s)
'11 Tundra
mmm yeh, so pm me where ur from, if you dont wanna post it here. my buddy's building his 240 too (complete build), in Milford MA. I can't say I've seen the car in the area.

looking good btw, i like a job that's done properly.

03vrgli

I want a BNR32
Car(s)
08 Jti
First time outta the garage in 2 years...

I Mocked everything up... IT FITS!!!

I finally found the missing brown interior pieces on a forum :biggrin:

I mounted the wing..
put the tranny back in..
and got sick of the Fn01-RC's so i got these:drool:
Advan RG's
17x7.5 +33 fronts and 17x8.5 +32 rears
I just need turbo lines and in theory it should run:biggrin: