GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My New Intake

2.0TFSI

Turbo Bunny
Car(s)
Candy White Golf GTI
finally go the time to take a video and a clean engine bay after installing my Neuspeed CAI.. the blow off is Sick :happyanim:

Vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQk3xi-lDs0

Pic

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Too bad no heat shield. You are gonna draw hot air from that engine in no time. Nice tho.

2.0TFSI

Turbo Bunny
Car(s)
Candy White Golf GTI
Too bad no heat shield. You are gonna draw hot air from that engine in no time. Nice tho.

where can i get the heat shield from?

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
Should have got a K&N - they have the built in heat shield and I think the cone is bigger, letting more air in. here is mine. love that blow off sound...I drive by people and rev the engine just to make em look haha

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
Forgive me for being such a VW newbie, but where does that intake draw the cold air from? I thought most CAI's have the cone snaking toward the bottom of the car near the wheel well to suck in the cold air. Wouldn't the intake above be sucking in hot engine bay air?

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
Forgive me for being such a VW newbie, but where does that intake draw the cold air from? I thought most CAI's have the cone snaking toward the bottom of the car near the wheel well to suck in the cold air. Wouldn't the intake above be sucking in hot engine bay air?

On the K&N it utilizes the stock intake feeder behind the grile and channels it to the cone - also you can get the open lower vents to bring in air from the bottom ( mine are still stock ), plus the air that comes in from the wheel well adds alot as well, there is plenty of air getting in that cone, trust me.

The K&N has a heat shield that blocks the engine heat from getting to the cone. and this isnt the true CAI - if it were - the cone would be out of sight towards the bottom of the car.

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
there is a big open vent at the top of the grill (where the factory airbox duct, still bolted to the farenheit, inhales) where outside air is pouring in the engine bay unmolested when the car is in motion (you can look right thru it) and it just so happens to be right in between where the engine and intake filter is (which itself is nowhere near the engine to begin with). The vast majority of engine bay heat will be coming from the turbo and top of the DP by the firewall which the neuspeed provides a sheild for. I would not be concerned.
the K&N looks to be shielding from nothing but the transmission underneath (which dont get hot as many 6m/j tranny linkages I've messed with on a just driven engine) and has no exhaust sheild. either way the actual intake is the same thing. you can buy/fabricate whichever sheild for any filter on a stick if one feels the need for em.

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
there is a big open vent at the top of the grill (where the factory airbox duct, still bolted to the farenheit, inhales) where outside air is pouring in the engine bay unmolested when the car is in motion (you can look right thru it) and it just so happens to be right in between where the engine and intake filter is (which itself is nowhere near the engine to begin with). The vast majority of engine bay heat will be coming from the turbo and top of the DP by the firewall which the neuspeed provides a sheild for. I would not be concerned.
the K&N looks to be shielding from nothing but the transmission underneath (which dont get hot as many 6m/j tranny linkages I've messed with on a just driven engine) and has no exhaust sheild. either way the actual intake is the same thing. you can buy/fabricate whichever sheild for any filter on a stick if one feels the need for em.

You cant see it in my photo but the heat shield is there - the engine heat is blocked by a metal shield just to the left of the stock intake area and underneath from tranny heat - only incoming fresh air is directed to the cone on the K&N.

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
Im 40 yrs old and this is my first toy in a long time - So be it! I dont mind being a tool once in awhile. :)

I do keep it low key, im not obnoxious about it - dont worry, i wont do the VW name bad.

2.0TFSI

Turbo Bunny
Car(s)
Candy White Golf GTI
the tempreture here in oman is 45+ Celieseus it makes no diffrence