GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My new car search has begun...

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Always get a PPI=Pre Purchase Inspection even if it's CPO also you can always buy a warranty for a used car if it's not CPO

I can't afford to go New on some of the cars I'm looking at and some are no longer in production So Used or CPO is the only way to go

Considered the SS but was disappointed when I found out that unless you change the gearing no matter how much power you add to it your not going much over 165mph Checkout You Tube Where this supercharged SS tried it on a closed road :(

I love telling people how gearing is more important than power when it comes to top speed.

People forget that even though that EVO has 800hp it cant really get past 160mph because of how short its gears are. ETC
Where as a 2003 540i can do like 170mph with ~285hp etc

JT641

Banned
I love telling people how gearing is more important than power when it comes to top speed.

People forget that even though that EVO has 800hp it cant really get past 160mph because of how short its gears are. ETC
Where as a 2003 540i can do like 170mph with ~285hp etc

True that, The Ford Focus RS is probably the same

SyDiko

Ready to race!
With a $60k ceiling, the C7 Stingray is probably the best choice for a sports car.

They are quickly becoming a dime a dozen though.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
They want $100k+ at the dealerships. Price adjusted for 'market conditions.'

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
You considering/considered the Cadillac ATS-V and CTS-V

I considered them, but I won't buy unless there is a deep discount because they depreciate so bad. For example, I saw a 2014 CTS-V coupe that had 13,000 miles on it with an asking price of $44,000 at one of the most expensive used car lots in town. IMHO that is one helluva hit! Then again, maybe I should play that game with the ATS-V, look for used, and let some other sucker take the lick.

JT641

Banned
I considered them, but I won't buy unless there is a deep discount because they depreciate so bad. For example, I saw a 2014 CTS-V coupe that had 13,000 miles on it with an asking price of $44,000 at one of the most expensive used car lots in town. IMHO that is one helluva hit! Then again, maybe I should play that game with the ATS-V, look for used, and let some other sucker take the lick.

That's the only way I'd be able to afford some of the cars I'm considering/considered Like the F10 M5 for example I can get one with about 35K on it for around $55-$65K

For me I find the Cadillac interiors to be dated looking and that's even on a 2014 when compared to a 2014 Audi S6 the Audi looks decades newer

Personally I'd love a new Mustang GT with a roush phase 2 SC on it, but I'm a lead foot and I'm mad eccentric about MPGs, and while the OEM MPG rating is bearable, the aftermarket drop from a super charger is enough to change my mind, I imagine.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Nothing yet. I am too much of a cheapskate! I will say that I don't like the Challenger or a Camaro with a sunroof. Why does every freaking Camaro on the lot have a damn sunroof?

Despite my hate/hate relationship with the dealership, a MK7 R is still on the table. The other contenders are the new Rustang GT, Chevrolet SS, and BMW M235i.

Unfortunately, I spent $10,500 on oral surgery that was unexpected so I am stuck with the GTI until my toy fund rebuilds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

voidopolis

Passed Driver's Ed
you can go the route I went - get into a B7 RS4. AWD, 4 door. Manual. V8. Sounds amazing. Ski passthrough (or rack).

JT641

Banned
Nothing yet. I am too much of a cheapskate! I will say that I don't like the Challenger or a Camaro with a sunroof. Why does every freaking Camaro on the lot have a damn sunroof?

Despite my hate/hate relationship with the dealership, a MK7 R is still on the table. The other contenders are the new Rustang GT, Chevrolet SS, and BMW M235i.

Unfortunately, I spent $10,500 on oral surgery that was unexpected so I am stuck with the GTI until my toy fund rebuilds.

I've narrowed my choices down to Audi S4 or S6 But need to sell my GTI 1st

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
You're going to laugh, but I am seriously considering going to a K04 and just running the GTI until it starts giving me more issues than I want to deal with. In the long run, that would be cheaper than starting over with a new car and modifying it.

I guess it all boils down to me living with FWD for another 5 or so years.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Sounds like a very reasonable plan. The cheapest car is the one you already own. I'm sure it has many good miles left in it. Hope all goes well with your healing from the oral surgery.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like a very reasonable plan. The cheapest car is the one you already own. I'm sure it has many good miles left in it. Hope all goes well with your healing from the oral surgery.

The car just hit 40,000 miles after three years of ownership, so I figure a K04 would get me at least another 3 years of enjoyment out of it. :D

I'm actually over the healing phase for the extraction and placement of dental implants. The only thing I am waiting on now is for the crowns to be cast so they can be glued in. From June through October, I spent way more time than I ever wanted to in both the oral surgeon's chair and the dentist's chair.