GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

my mkv vs. 8th gen civic SI

Taylormac

Taylor Mac
Car(s)
mkv gti
so i was just out crusing around town yesterday and i creeped up on a ( i hate to say it ) beautiful 8th gen civic, all blacked out SI. i could tell he had an exhaust on her. so we just played around and stuff, we went on the highway and lined up from probably a 80km/hr roll. surprisingly i pulled infront of him and had about a car length or more on him the whole time! i looked my mirror and noticed a Front mounted intercooler, i never got to talk to the guy to see what hes running, but when i pulled off the highway, he kept going farther and didnt look to happy. germany - 1 japan - 0

btw im only running APR stage 1 right now so i donno if he just wasnt going full out or what

Vageline

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' GTI
so you out ran him? a lot of guys just supercharge 8th gen civic si's... and soon to be 9th gen when it comes out (i think it came out this week though) cause its hard to put a turbo on them cause no room. my friends 2012 si is getting a turbo put on soon (i think a k04 actually) and he was showing me how he has to run it. he said it was like his old si (8th gen). he said the plumbing alone might make him just do a super charger.

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
hey OP you new around there? im driving a 2007 GTI UG on 19" merc wheels. gimme a wave if you see me around

dubbin everyday

Lives At The Track
i doubt he had a turbo, a stage 1 or even stock gti could easily beat a honda si even w/ an aftermarket exhaust plus, its not easy to add a turbo to an si. just like vageline said, theres not much room and the engine is most likely to go boom if its not built properly, not to mention the $$, unless your doing a rebuild yourself and are very experienced.

oh, good kill op :thumbsup: honda owners don't like to loose to vw's :wink:

Vageline

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' GTI
well the 8th gen has 200hp just like the gti. theyre using 11:1 pistons though so they cant do much boost... prolly around 15psi max. if he was boosted, then he was prolly doing 8psi in all reality and wasnt tuned... if you smoked him. a tuned si with a turbo should be a close race

Vageline

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' GTI
8th gen SIs typically use "sidewinder" turbo manifolds. It brings the turbo out next to the head instead of behind it.

A STOCK k-series motor has been proven to handle 400hp+. PSI really has nothing to do with it. And it surely does not need to be built.

if you put a lot of psi in it, then it will blow the motor. its like a big turbo on our fsi and tsi motors... sure it will handle it, but its not recommended doing it for a long time. apr did their test on their stage 3 on stock internals and did fine but they said its not recommended. you prolly just just mis understood what i was meaning.

i have another friend with an older civic si that is boosted and he turned his boost up once to 15+ (i wanna say 18psi but not positive) and blew his motor. it still ran/runs (he never fixed it lol), but it blows white smoke now and is slow as shit. so take the risk like him, or play it smart and not turn up the boost or build the internals.

3.sl06MT

Stout
Car(s)
Honda Accord
Sorry, but any boosted 8G Si will hand a Stage 2 GTI it's ass. 300whp in an Si is good for traps over 110. Mild S/C setups hit ~280whp without much trouble.

This Si was obviously not boosted. Even a full bolt on/FP tuned Si with a good driver should be a pretty good run for a Stage 2 GTi. I'm not praising the Si, just saying they can be pretty quick with the right bolt ons, and are pretty fast boosted.

Sorry, but any boosted 8G Si will hand a Stage 2 GTI it's ass. 300whp in an Si is good for traps over 110. Mild S/C setups hit ~280whp without much trouble.

This Si was obviously not boosted. Even a full bolt on/FP tuned Si with a good driver should be a pretty good run for a Stage 2 GTi. I'm not praising the Si, just saying they can be pretty quick with the right bolt ons, and are pretty fast boosted.

this guy is right. my k04 has a hard time keeping up with my friends s/c civic and he isnt fully tuned. he has the stock pulley and no aftercooler on it. but its still a honda and most those guys are full of themselves.