GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

my hand is sanding off the steering wheel

fat mike

Ready to race!
hello ,
my steering wheel looks like sanding off by my hand at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock position...........does anyone has an same experience ? does it cover by the warranty ?............photo will post up tomorrow
thx

ahson

Rabbit Owner
Sanding off the steering wheel?! Wow, I've never heard of that before? I guess you need something like lotion to smooth your hands before you drive your car.

BigTuna

is from Canada eh.
With the way my steering wheel feels I've been afraid of this happening.

It almost feels like there may be a separation in the leather used to wrap the wheel.

If you're in your first 12 months... take it in and complain about it. They'll swap it out.

fat mike

Ready to race!
WHEN to dealer today,they say it is not warranty matter..." Problem cause by outside influence.......ar....that is mean i have to live with it...

fat mike

Ready to race!
Go to dealer today,they say it is not warranty matter..." Problem cause by outside influence.......ar....that is mean i have to live with it...

rk1

Ready to race!
Do you wear rings on your fingers? My Dad's leather-wrapped wheel worn out in one spot because of his wedding band.

fat mike

Ready to race!
I don't wear ring because I am still SINGLE " Open for everyone:biggrin: " hehehee...back to the topic.....The service department representative said it is cause by hand lotion and my improper way to use on the steering wheel...Honestly, i always turn the wheel by one hand or even a finger only,so it maybe too much friction on the steering wheel surface.........I hope it can been sand off the surface smoothly by my hands later on :happyanim: ......... ......oh i have an idea....wearing a glove whenever i need to drive and it can make me "feel " like racing and block the sun too:mad0259:
my opinion on this case is becareful when you drive with hand cream on...... hope it wouldn't happen on you guys:wink:

krayzie

Go Kart Champion
Yea it's sweaty palms. My leather DSG knob is so worned already at the very middle due to my stupid hand resting on it all the time. Yea I couldn't warranty that either!!

Hey look at the bright side, ppl say worn leather goods like LV and Prada are more valuable lol!