GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My car is alive!!!

malkatraz

Touring Car Newbie
SSS_Hoon said:
you wouldnt know there could be upto 399 on the clock before you get it and you would enver know as the dealer can zero it 2 times before 200k...so could do 199k then zero it and do another 199 k then 0 it again.

SSS_Hoon

Ewww... that doesn't make my day.

ab156

Go Kart Champion
Dealer showed me that on mine - was showing 21.5 on the odo but he mentioned the (I thought one) reset deal. Then cycled to the long term trip meter and it showed 29 - this is what it had really done. His advice was that the wharfies / pre-del guys know about the reset trick but always forget to reset the long term trip meter (trip meter 2 in the display).

I guess the thing is that it doesn't matter in the end - not like you are going to reject the car over <100km. I understand a car can be sold as "new" with up to 700km on the clock :iono:

lefti04

Passed Driver's Ed
yeah, i dunno what to believ any more miketoti. He told me 4-6 based on a recent customer getting his in weeks from the build date.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Tensixty6 said:
Congratulations Kirium...looks like l should have ordered my car from a Sydney dealer. My car, having arrived in Melbourne 2 days before yours' docked in Sydney, l'm still waiting.....no word from the dealer. Very very frustrating!!!! :iono:

So anyway... I found out today that my car was offloaded in Melbourne. :mad: Not sure if it's made it to Sydney or not yet.

Dealer thinks it should be there today, and still all good for Monday delivery. :iono:

I think I might stop expecting everything to work out fine and accept that everything will go wrong...

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Kirium said:
So anyway... I found out today that my car was offloaded in Melbourne. :mad: Not sure if it's made it to Sydney or not yet.

Dealer thinks it should be there today, and still all good for Monday delivery. :iono:

I think I might stop expecting everything to work out fine and accept that everything will go wrong...

Very impressive. Take a car that's to be delivered to Sydney, off a ship, that's going to Sydney two days after docking in Melbourne and offload it in Melbourne to go to Sydney but it's Melbourne....or is it Sydney.... Oh heck...I'm getting a headache. Be careful...it might be shipped to Darwin just for the hell of it.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Don't jinx me any more...

Apparently Patricks are saying it's in Sydney. Should be delivered tonight or tomorrow...

Dealer is still aiming for Monday delivery.

malkatraz

Touring Car Newbie
(cue futurama voiceover) "Good news everybody..."

I can pick up my GTI tomorrow. Last minute booking of plane tickets tonight and I'll be at the dealer's tomorrow around 10am to collect the go kart.

Cancelled paint and 3yr scratch protection - saved myself (an embarrassing) $1100 (many thanks GTI OZ).

Will spend time with friends tomorrow and drive back to Canberra on Sunday.

Oh so happy! :thumbup:

One last Q : Have others who've bought a MKV GTI here in Oz received a Fast ?

Last edited:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Nope. It's a U.S. only thing

Congrats on delivery tomorrow :thumbsup:

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
yeah congrats on the car, and no fast for us out here i emeailed vw us and they wont even sell me one dammit.

SSS_Hoon

malkatraz

Touring Car Newbie
Thanks guys. Still in Melbourne, about to head down to Chapel Street for some breakfast and then the long haul back home.

I think I'm in love. The car's better than I could have hoped and the bi-xenon lights, DSG, and sunroof were *all* worth it.

Didn't go the paint protection and I'm thankful for the advice. Window tinting looks great but I can't open the windows till Tuesday as they were only completed yesterday morning :p

Will post shots once I get back to the mainframe.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Kirium said:
Don't jinx me any more...

Apparently Patricks are saying it's in Sydney. Should be delivered tonight or tomorrow...

Dealer is still aiming for Monday delivery.

Well.............have you got it? :clap:

Texas_MkV

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Hope you get it soon Kirium. :smile:

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Tensixty6 said:
Well.............have you got it? :clap:
He's probably out driving it - with a huge smile on his face! :biggrin: