GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My car died suddenly and won't start.

tomshouse516

tomtomtomotomtomtomtomtom
Car(s)
09 GT1
I had my car running turned it off to check the oil level, that was fine. I close the hood start it back up and pull out of my spot. 20 feet of moving forward the car just shut off, no warning no spudder just off like you turned the key off.

Now it won't turn over at all. If you turn the key to "run" the MDF doesn't turn on and no warning lights in the gauges, radio turns on, air compressor turns on, alarm and keyless entry works.

Also it wont shift out of park even with the key in run and foot on the brake so it is stuck in the middle of the parking lot. I tried checking for codes but my code reader keeps saying it has a bad connection.

Thanks,
Tom

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
maybe need a new battery?

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
but before that try resetting your car, just unplug battery for a few minutes then hook it back up!

Savir04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07'/CW/6MT/FSI
Is it manual? If so have you tried push starting it?

Honestly it sounds like the battery voltage is not high enought and the ecu is refusing to attempt to crank it over...try messuring battery voltage with a vltage meter...it should read somewhere between 12 and 14 volts...also skim over your engine bay, you never know it might be something stupid...check the hpfp pressure regulator, that little connector likes to crack off

check fuses and relays. had an issue once with my lights on all the time, and my vcds couldnt connect to ecu. turned out it was s fuse, it wasnt blown tho, a bad connection at the fuse. i had to have the key on and wiggle them all to figure it out on accident

tomshouse516

tomtomtomotomtomtomtomtom
Car(s)
09 GT1
fixed it. ended up being one of the tiny 10a fuses inside the car, weird how that could cut the whole car out..

Thanks for the help guys!