GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My answer to cheap speed.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Well kinda... lol

Invested about $800 to make this 1/7th scale R/C vehicle. 3hp motor, AWD, and computer adjustable performance via castle link. Only bummer is I can't sit inside lol. 0-60 faster than a super car and a top speed of 80mph. It's more scary to drive this thing than my GTI lol.

Is anyone else on here involved in R/C?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
$800 on an RC CAR? You're nuts.

I had a Traxxass or however you spell that 4x4 nitro powered monster truck thing. It had so much power it would flip over if i gunned it... not to mention top end was 50mph... it would suck though it would go out of sight in 10 seconds, so having all that power proved kind of dumb.

I sold it a month into having it.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
$800 on an RC CAR? You're nuts.

I had a Traxxass or however you spell that 4x4 nitro powered monster truck thing. It had so much power it would flip over... not to mention top end was 50mph... it would suck though it would go out of sight in 10 seconds, so having all that power proved kind of dumb.

I sold it a month into having it.

Lol $800 is not bad considering the size and performance it puts out not to mention this is one of a kind. I can easily out perform Traxxas's new X0-1. Yea the thing covers ground so quick you can't stay on throttle for more than 5 seconds. I think I might need to find a closed road and follow it in a car.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Lol $800 is not bad considering the size and performance it puts out not to mention this is one of a kind. I can easily out perform Traxxas's new X0-1. Yea the thing covers ground so quick you can't stay on throttle for more than 5 seconds. I think I might need to find a closed road and follow it in a car.

Lol that's hilarious!

Here is a "closed road" for ya... go to alameda military base!

MReyes

Ready to race!
Had a couple ... WHEN I WAS 12-15... something I use to do with my Pops. As soon I was able to drive... bye bye R/C

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
hmm never thought of going to a military base lol. I'll just need to give the Gti a rolling start now.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Had a couple ... WHEN I WAS 12-15... something I use to do with my Pops. As soon I was able to drive... bye bye R/C

I'm kinda following the that trend. As soon as I got the GTI I started selling off a lot of stuff. This is pretty much one of the 2 R/C's I have left. It's much more fun to mod the 1:1

I was kind of hopping to keep this hobby but, interest in it is slipping.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
I'll bring it along to the HWY1 cruise maybe there will be a large parking lot.

BTW JDM can you make it to that?

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
I've been racing Nitromethane powered R/C boats for about 15 years now. The most common engine sizes are .21ci and .45ci. They also have classes with larger engines. There is also a whole gas powered class which run modified gasoline engines. To build a good boat you are looking at about $1000-1500. The engines turn around 35,000rpm and put out a few HP. My quickest boat would run about 82-84mph in racing trim. The current straight away record is around 130mph.

The racing is quite competetive and they are pretty difficult to race. For me half of the fun is building the boat and getting it to run fast as they are very finicky.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
I've been racing Nitromethane powered R/C boats for about 15 years now. The most common engine sizes are .21ci and .45ci. They also have classes with larger engines. There is also a whole gas powered class which run modified gasoline engines. To build a good boat you are looking at about $1000-1500. The engines turn around 35,000rpm and put out a few HP. My quickest boat would run about 82-84mph in racing trim. The current straight away record is around 130mph.

The racing is quite competetive and they are pretty difficult to race. For me half of the fun is building the boat and getting it to run fast as they are very finicky.

I've been in this hobby for 13 years but, I only run electric powered suface vehicles. I know I can squeeze more speed out of this thing and push it to 100mph but at those speeds it takes a lot of planning and prep work. For you boat guys to race at 80+mph that's insane!

I agree that the most fun in the hobby is when you plan and work to put the pieces together. My vehicle is a hybrid of a few different vehicles.

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
I'll bring it along to the HWY1 cruise maybe there will be a large parking lot.

BTW JDM can you make it to that?

no I would like to... I wanted to make that other meet too but I'm too busy right now studying for the bar exam. I will be at that Sac raceway event in August though :) after this bar nightmare is over