GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My a3 throttle pipe review

whitepony5.0

My Car is Red :)
Car(s)
06 GTI
So I took an hour last night to remove the GTI throttle/noise pipe and swap it out with the A3 throttle pipe I picked up off another member on the forum....
First off let me say for only having 2 bolts and 2 hose clamps that hold it to the car it sure was a Bitch to get out!!

But I have to say overall that I did notice a slight increase in the spool up/response of the car.... Id give it a thumbs up :thumbsup: for only $60 that I paid for it. as for the hole in the fire wall I just went to home depot and bought a 2" rubber cap, and capped it off.

Last edited:

zombievore

Ready to race!
Besides the slight increase in throttle response, what did it do sound-wise? Is it quieter in the cabin? Can you hear your intake/turbo/exhaust more now? I purchased a Tiguan pipe which I'm going to install over the weekend. I also got the Jetta firewall plug thingy. Might as well do it right I guess.

whitepony5.0

My Car is Red :)
Car(s)
06 GTI
Nothing I could notice noise wise.... but I have a Res Delete done to my car so I couldnt hear it anyways. :thumbsup:

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
Honestly, the gains are measurable only by vagcom or on a real dyno as the power increase is so minimal. Not to be rude but its butt dyno stuff there.

But with other mods it will help in the end overall.

zombievore

Ready to race!
Well, I installed the Tiguan pipe today. HOLY FUCKING SHIT that was a frustrating experience. The pipe itself wasn't too bad but I made the mistake of buying a Jetta firewall clip to plug the hole after you remove the noise pipe. It was such a pain to remove the firewall panel all because of that stupid wire harness that's clipped to the back of it.

I took a short drive a few minutes ago. Didn't notice any big differences in throttle response but the engine does make a more pleasing sound now I think. Anyways, it cleaned up the engine bay in preparation for my catch can that I'll attempt to install tomorrow.