GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mustang 5.0

kenneth_cano

kenneth
Car(s)
2006 GTI MKV
Just sharing what happened bout 30 min ago.

Got my ass whooped by a new 5.0 was loud as fuck!!

Kept up with him till the end of 3rd gear after that he pulled pretty good.
I was surprised i could even keep up for three gears :biggrin::biggrin:

Sar08

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI (DSG)

You know those have over 400 hp!

i<3myMKV

Winner
Car(s)
2006 Tornado Red GTI
What mods you got OP?

MYGTI07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI
I come from the Mustang world, I know them quite well.I Used to own a built 2001 4.6L with about 346hp to the wheels. Still, I prefer a German car over American simply because the Ford will never have the built quality a German car has.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
I come from the Mustang world, I know them quite well.I Used to own a built 2001 4.6L with about 346hp to the wheels. Still, I prefer a German car over American simply because the Ford will never have the built quality a German car has.

I agree. German cars are known for being reliable and affordable to fix once things go wrong with them, and they are also known for not having any rattles. Oh wait...

Nice death. I'm gonna guess you kept up because he wasn't fully on the throttle...or if he was...he didn't have traction.

kenneth_cano

kenneth
Car(s)
2006 GTI MKV
We did a second gear pull too. He honked three times and it was even till about the end of 3rd gear. Just sharing what happened tonight that's it.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
We did a second gear pull too. He honked three times and it was even till about the end of 3rd gear. Just sharing what happened tonight that's it.

Cool :thumbsup: I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he wasn't full throttle. I ran mine at the track stock and ran a 12.77@111mph @3200 DA. With a conservative tune and just axle backs ran a 12.52 @115mph @3400 DA. If all you have is an intake and DP with no tune, that's a huge difference in trap speeds even stock.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
Just intake and 3" catless dp right after third gear he pulled lol

The Mustang wasn't trying or wasn't driving properly. I'm K04 and lost to one with the typical bolt-ons, no tune. I might try again w/ the 100oct. tune, but other than that, those things are beasts.

MYGTI07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI
no, just no

Yea, Most Mustangs are cows, the new ones have better intake manifolds. Ford has always failed to make the Mustang breathe and the Single Cam didn't help.
The best thing about a STANG is that its easy to swap the crappy 3.8L engine for a Beefed up 32 valve SVT COBRA.
The new 3.9L V6 comes with better throttle response and finally got the DOHC in them.