GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

muffler & resonator ideas for my custom exhaust!!!

hi everyone , i am a new proud owner of #3970 ug R32 bought with 51k miles...and i love the car.... much nicer than my 2010 hyundai genesis coupe track ..... well the stock exhaust had the flapper mod done when i bought it but after putting the vaccume line back on the car sounds well farty lol... so the first thing i want to do is replace the exhaust from the cat back...
i want a deep growly sound... prob gonna do 2.5" piping thats what my muffler shop has handy...
brands i been looking at
hooker aero chamber
flomaster
moroso spiral flow
cherry bomb

im gonna use a resonator before the muffler to deepen things so give me some ideas new VW friends ha ha

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
no res no muff

Bake

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
all of my cars have had custom exhausts using magnaflow mufflers and resonators. never heard a custom setup on an R32 in person but i like the idea of Flowmaster or Moroso. Try youtube to get some more options.

i want something a bit more angry than the borla lol.... my previous 3 cars were a t67 powered 04 srt-4,a atp gt30 powered 06sti that was in process of being built to handle nukes ha ha but funds ran out and had to be traded, and lastly was the 2010 genny coupe 2.0T track which was not the car i hoped it would be....so you can see i love turbos and will prob toss one on the r32 once its paid off lol... but for now it can be N/A angry...

GTITampa

Drag Racing Champion
sounds like shit...

look up tampa mod, should be on vortex

go to the link videos:biggrin:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4373031-Sounds-so-close-to-the-MKIV.-R

Macdaddy548

I have a almost brand new ECS Tuning resonator delete pipe. Easy install and produces great, sexy, noises. It's an inexpensive way to start your mods. I paid $100+ shipping. Will sell to you for $50 + shipping. Used only about one month. Still bright and shiney.

qcbtbx

smu.:Rf
Car(s)
.:R32
1. borla (arguably most popular)
2. tampa mod (sounds close to mk4 R32)
3. magnaflow sport

others are milltek, ghl, and a simple res delete.

youtube all of them.

gotti

.:R32 OG lulz...
Car(s)
.:R32
OP wants "N/A angry" but starts with 2.5 inch pipes and won't delete the res...lulz...*facepalm*