GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MS3 this bloated?

kruegernaut

I'm from Detroit, Man...
I had the opportunity to hang out with a buddy this weekend that drives a stock 2011 MS3. I took this side by side and thought it would be fun to share. I didn't realize how big (and 4x4) the MS3 was.

Obviously I'm biased, I never thought Id be so in love with a car, but I certainly am proud of my GTI... :wub:

lyonsroar

GTI newb...
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I had a 2009 MS3 two cars before my GTI.

The MS3 was LOADS faster then my GTI is (both stock)

...but I still vastly prefer my GTI in every way.

Car(s)
Subaru
looks like this has a bit of camera trickery to it, but still cool to see. the gti is behind the ms3, which alone will give the appearance that the ms3 is bigger, but the gti is also further to the right of the ms3, which again would give the effect that the ms3 is bigger

commenting on the ms3 vs gti, ms3 is faster when comparing a stock or tuned ms3 against a k03 tuned or untuned gti. if you compare a k04 gti to a ms3, the gti pulls ahead. im running a f23t, but its not that much more hp than a k04 and i put cars on ms3s. im not sure what all they have done but a few was faster than others. im planning on running my friends ms3 stage 2+ and recording it. i just need to get my tranny mount put in (prolly do that saturday) and flash my new tune (running logs for it tonight). so all that being said, im shooting for next week or so for a recorded run :)

kruegernaut

I'm from Detroit, Man...
Looking forward to hearing how that goes! Ive driven the MS3 in the pic, and it is quick, lots of room up top, but drives like a boat, IMO. We have not raced, but I know I could keep up no problem until at least 60mph. Then I'm sure he would walk me a bit with that bigger turbo. Just a bit though, not a *killing*. To be fair it is stock, and my GTI has thousands in mod's. But whatever, I was mostly interested in the cosmetic difference at the moment.

Its true the GTI is a touch to the right in that pic, but only about 10 inches. That MS3 really is just huge in comparison. I couldnt stop going outside and looking at it, so I finally had to just take a pic.

Last edited:

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
The Mazda 3 is actually smaller interior wise than the GTI. My room mate has a 2012 Mazda3 and I barely fit in his back seat while I have tons of room in my 2 door GTI.