GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MPG & Logic Reset?

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Is there a way to reset the average MPG manually? I could have sworn I read something about this, but can no longer find it...

My shit always shows like 19.xx now, even when cruising smoothly for 30-60 minutes. Either something's wrong with my car, or it's just calculating my all-time average which is screwed because of all the hard driving I've done.

Also, is it possible to reset the "fuzzy logic" via Vagcom, or is that with a total ECU flash only? If so, does the TSB flash do this?

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
For avg MPG hold down the OK button and it will reset it, for the instant MPG i do not know of a way to reset it and you should not have to.

notsolinear

Takes his fast for rides
Is there a way to reset the average MPG manually? I could have sworn I read something about this, but can no longer find it...

My shit always shows like 19.xx now, even when cruising smoothly for 30-60 minutes. Either something's wrong with my car, or it's just calculating my all-time average which is screwed because of all the hard driving I've done.

Also, is it possible to reset the "fuzzy logic" via Vagcom, or is that with a total ECU flash only? If so, does the TSB flash do this?

There are two "memorys" for the MFD. They're labelled 1 and 2, you should see a 1 or a two I think in the corner of the diplay somewhere. Then you press the "Ok" button on the steering wheel quickly it switches between 1/2.

(1) is your trip memory which resets after a couple hours of not driving
(2) is your long-term memory which keeps accumulating until you manually reset it by the method someone else described. Essentially, just hold the OK button for several seconds and the values should zero out, showing "-----".

I always reset both the long-term ones, the "0.0" in the dash and the (2) MFD memory when I fill up and use (2) to track my MPG over a whole tank.

You can reset the (1) memory too. Sometimes I like to reset it once I'm on the highway and see what my MPG is there without all the crappy MPG from town traffic and the engine warming up, etc.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
There are two "memorys" for the MFD. They're labelled 1 and 2, you should see a 1 or a two I think in the corner of the diplay somewhere. Then you press the "Ok" button on the steering wheel quickly it switches between 1/2.

(2) is your long-term memory which keeps accumulating until you manually reset it by the method someone else described. Essentially, just hold the OK button for several seconds and the values should zero out, showing "-----".

I always reset both the long-term ones, the "0.0" in the dash and the (2) MFD memory when I fill up and use (2) to track my MPG over a whole tank.

You can reset the (1) memory too. Sometimes I like to reset it once I'm on the highway and see what my MPG is there without all the crappy MPG from town traffic and the engine warming up, etc.

that explains it all.

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI

Excellent, thanks a lot =)