Car(s)
2011 DBP GTI DSG
Pictures are sick. I heard it was dusty as hell for the races

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmarsh15

Ready to race!

GolfR1031

Ready to race!
New wheels finally came in!!! Stans Arch EX 29" 3X laced with DT Swiss Spokes, Hope Pro Evo 2 Hubs and alloy Red nipples. Also bought a fresh pair of tires for the new wheels. Continental Xking 2.4 up front with a Continental Race King 2.2 in the rear. Cant wait to try them out this weekend!

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    230 KB · Views: 268

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
New wheels finally came in!!! Stans Arch EX 29" 3X laced with DT Swiss Spokes, Hope Pro Evo 2 Hubs and alloy Red nipples. Also bought a fresh pair of tires for the new wheels. Continental Xking 2.4 up front with a Continental Race King 2.2 in the rear. Cant wait to try them out this weekend!

Sick, I assume you will set them up tubeless right? That rear hub sounds awesome, I have it on my mud tire wheel setup

GolfR1031

Ready to race!
Yep installed them last night tubeless, was able to set both the beads with a hand pump no need for a compressor unlike every other time I have tried.

Shep1

Ready to race!
Being an old school mountain biker, got my first mtb bike in the late 80s, I did some downhilling on a Kona Precept 200 in Whitefish, Montana earlier this summer and my eyes were opened so after 22 years I replaced my 1993 Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer for a 2015 Stumpjumper FSR Evo Elite 27.5". Time to learn new school!!

Have done 1 epic ride in the Rockies with over 4000 feet of vertical gain with an incredible 5km technical downhill section and the bike was perfect! I'm still getting used to the climbing efficiency over my old hard tail, slacker head angle, much wider bars, and slower steering but the suspension and the confidence it gives riding fast over gnarly stuff is incredible. I am loving the 1x11 and dropper post and 1 finger braking! My new mountain biking journey is just beginning!

Cheers!

Old bike:

New bike!

First climb(1500 feet):

Ridge Ride:

Looking over to next summit:

Final summit!

Down we go!

Last edited:

andylaiphoto

Go Kart Champion
I had a set of Ikons on my Trek Superfly FS. I didn't' like the Ikon 2.1 as a front and switched to a Conti X King 2.1. That didn't work out. I then went with an Onza Canis 2.2 and I loved the way that felt but the tire I got had a bad bead and kept popping off the rim. So in between the time it took to get the replacement I went with a Specialized Ground Control 2.4. The Specialized feels awesome but I can definitely tell it's heavier.

I kept switching until I found a tire that gave me the lateral grip that I need with my riding style. Front end kept washing out on me.

Also tried Orange sealant based on recommendations but that didn't work for me. Kept losing pressure and since going back to Stan's I haven't had that issue anymore.

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
Being an old school mountain biker, got my first mtb bike in the late 80s, I did some downhilling on a Kona Precept 200 in Whitefish, Montana earlier this summer and my eyes were opened so after 22 years I replaced my 1993 Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer for a 2015 Stumpjumper FSR Evo Elite 27.5". Time to learn new school!!

Have done 1 epic ride in the Rockies with over 4000 feet of vertical gain with an incredible 5km technical downhill section and the bike was perfect! I'm still getting used to the climbing efficiency over my old hard tail, slacker head angle, much wider bars, and slower steering but the suspension and the confidence it gives riding fast over gnarly stuff is incredible. I am loving the 1x11 and dropper post and 1 finger braking! My new mountain biking journey is just beginning!

Cheers!

New bike!

Sick setup dude! Glad to see the 1UpUSA rack in Canada! Its definitely the best hitch rack on the market and works great with the GTI. When I was up at Mount Sainte Anne in Quebec, I didnt see a single one besides mine.

I really need to get a new trail bike and that stump jumper looks like just the bike I want. In the mean time I am still rocking the old school hard tail Jamis with a rim brake up front and a hydraulic disc in the back!

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
Took a trip to Highland Mountain Bike Park in New Hampshire this weekend. Here's a couple of pics for now. Ill have more later as well as some videos.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
pretty sick pictures dmarsh. I just got back into mountain biking game since after my 13 year hiatus without it. When I was younger and still living in home country, mtb was basically my transport and ride on rough surfaces, I used to climb 40% inclines with left gear 1 and right gear 3 (24 speed bike), I had fun while not having much interest in the sport. Now I just got a Trek 3500, which is not the best, but good for what I use, 21 speed, no disk brakes, solid back and non-solid fork suspension (whatever you guys call it), and it's pretty cheap for a "mountain" bike.

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
Here's a couple videos from Highland. I am the one wearing the camera!

Make sure you watch them in full HD!

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
Here's another video from Highland. This one is my buddy and I hitting most of the biggest features in one run.

The next video will have our close calls and 1 crash in it haha.

MTBFL1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2011 DBP GTI DSG
That place looks rad, you tore it up man