GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motor mounts

Moravel

Car(s)
Honda Element
I was on this website, ecstuning.com and i was just thinking, when i get this car im going to chip it and since it has a lot of torque and i drive hard, isnt this bad for my stock engine/motor mounts...i heard someone here talk about since a chipped gti has so much torque..you could mess something up..so is it good to buy aftermarket motor mounts, on ecs website they say the stock ones will break while the aftermarket will just bend...do any of you have upgraded motor mounts, do you notice the difference..my friend with his srt-4 says it makes his ride kinda ruff when he races...thanks

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
Stiffer mounts introduce more NVH (noise, vibrations, and harmonics) since the stock mounts shed a lot of that with them being as soft as they are. Depending on the mileage of your car you may be due for new mounts regardless of whether you've been tuned or not. I would start with a dog bone insert, then look at changing out the engine and transmission mounts if you think you need more stiffness. The stock mounts will not break with a stage 1 tune, but the mounts themselves can break/fail if they're old enough.

TheCareBear

Car(s)
GTI 09 TFSI
I did the mounts and the dogbone from ECS I was at 130k - def picked up some vibrations but dont care. I am in the camp or anyplace I can remove flex I will.
Would do again.