GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

most N/A power?

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
Never said it did... That was the discussion of the last few posts so I added the relevant thread to what JimmyT was talking about :thumbsup:

i know, just saying in general since the OP asked if it's possible to get the 300awhp NA. everyone just jumped on the nitrous bandwagon.

lar32

Ready to race!
find DubNick(?) on Vortex....he is currently running 272/272 cams with some supporting mods on the MKV platform. From what I got out of it, he seems to be running into ECU tuning problems, but he did tell me that he does feel noticeable power gains in the mid-higher rpms.

.:AreThirteeTwo

Canyon Runner
i had thought of doing NOS for extra power but it just doesnt seem too reliable and plus it is a quick boost then your back to slowing down. im going to be heading down to a shop today and going to have them see what they can do to make a super hi flow intake manifold and what else they tgink could be done to make max power.

has anyone/is it possible to bore/stroke our blocks to possibly a 3.4 liter or even make it to a 3.6 like what is in the r36? if so that may be a route im willing to take for max power and if all else fails...ill boost if i cant find a way to hit near the 300wheel marker

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
i know, just saying in general since the OP asked if it's possible to get the 300awhp NA. everyone just jumped on the nitrous bandwagon.

Far from being on the nitrous bandwagon, just using Turk's experience to show what 300 AWHP will do in the car, plus to use it as an example of what must be done to get there. I/C/E will make the car feel more lively at high RPM, and the exhaust will enhance the sound (as long as it's a good one).

Do some expectation management before you spend the cash. For the price of the car + the 15K to make reliable 300 AWHP (turbo??) you could get into a car that is faster from the factory and has a more beneficial tuning path. Make sure the juice is worth the squeeze!!!

Canyon Runner
well i HAD a car before this that came with 420hp stock and alot of tuning potential, but after a while there is only so much to do to an already fast car without dumping 20+ thousand on a forged and stroked motor or foreced induction when you already have almost that amount in the car .(mainly motor was only available for that car) so i bought an R for the better gas mileage and awd system. i do want to make it fast but just wanting all N/A even if i coulf spend the same amount and get a turbo that makes more. but saying there is no way to surpass the 250whp marker doing all motor without the bottle i may just resort to doing a custom SC kit

Last edited:

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
well i HAD a car before this that came with 420hp stock and alot of tuning potential, but after a while there is only so much to do to an already fast car without dumping 20+ thousand on a forged and stroked motor or foreced induction when you already have almost that amount in the car .(mainly motor was only available for that car) so i bought an R for the better gas mileage and awd system. i do want to make it fast but just wanting all N/A even if i coulf spend the same amount and get a turbo that makes more. but saying there is no way to surpass the 250whp marker doing all motor without the bottle i may just resort to doing a custom SC kit

I don't think anyone has actually gone the fully modded NA route on these cars yet; Dubnick is probably the closest with 272 cams but I don't think he did the full supporting mod list yet (porting/polishing, boring, etc)

In otherwords; 250 AWHP is what we know MKIVs have hit with the full bolt on package in NA format; if you decide to push forward with this you would basically be among the pioneers of the MKV NA field :thumbsup:

Blitzen

Professional .....
I don't think anyone has actually gone the fully modded NA route on these cars yet; Dubnick is probably the closest with 272 cams but I don't think he did the full supporting mod list yet (porting/polishing, boring, etc)

In otherwords; 250 AWHP is what we know MKIVs have hit with the full bolt on package in NA format; if you decide to push forward with this you would basically be among the pioneers of the MKV NA field :thumbsup:

And as teh MK IV and MK V engine are almost identical it will be tough (and powerdubs has p/p heads and got larger cats and .... without much gains) ..... custon intake manifold might have some gains or use a 3.6 block .... it will be very expensive with questionable results.

But go for it as I would love to see the results.

Canyon Runner
in reguards to the 3.6 block does anyone know where to find one here in the states? id like to get an idea on the cost. as for the rest goes....full exhaust ( headers, larger high flow cats, down pipes) will be the next items going on the car while i figure out the other motor items and a way to hit my power marker

Canyon Runner

no i actually had a chrysler srt8 300c...i know all of you probably dont like american cars or think the 300c is ugly.. but the car was amazing, 6.1 v8 with heads, cam, ported intake mani, headers, hi flows, custom cat back and full suspension. i had it pushing 440whp when i sold it a few months ago and decided to jump into my .:R

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
no i actually had a chrysler srt8 300c...i know all of you probably dont like american cars or think the 300c is ugly.. but the car was amazing, 6.1 v8 with heads, cam, ported intake mani, headers, hi flows, custom cat back and full suspension. i had it pushing 440whp when i sold it a few months ago and decided to jump into my .:R

Different strokes for different folks! We all have different taste, and dodge is making some interesting cars for a change. Glad you made the switch and see why you need some more power out of your R. Good luck finding it!!!

Canyon Runner
reason i don't like american cars is engine size... 6.1L v8 and only 420 hp? give that to the germans or italians and they'll give you 700hp.

LOL yeah i agree with you on that one, american motors arent anywhere near as sophisticated as german motors or any european car companies motors

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
reason i don't like american cars is engine size... 6.1L v8 and only 420 hp? give that to the germans or italians and they'll give you 700hp.

Give it to the Japanese and you'll have a ton of power and even more drive train loss! At least with Honda anyway.....

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
LOL yeah i agree with you on that one, american motors arent anywhere near as sophisticated as german motors or any european car companies motors

Very true but the chevy ls1 and ls2 engines are pretty awesome imo