GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most Fun for $25,000 (Hope this isn't a repost)

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
Just saw this over on C&D. Always nice when the GTI receives an award/accolade and this one quite surprised me.
From the article:

In addition to being wonderfully entertaining, the five-door GTI featured here is a remarkably well-rounded car. Fold the rear seats, and it’s a pint-sized minivan. Jump on the interstate, and it tracks as straight as its German heritage suggests it should. Most importantly, it’s as fun to drive as it is practical, with an eager turbo engine, a good gearbox, and a frisky chassis. If you can only have one car, the GTI is close to perfect.

The rest of it can be found here. :w00t:

JDraft

architectural draftsman
Car(s)
07 BMP 6mt GTI 2dr
Awesome. Apart from having 4 doors, I whole-heartedly agree :)

sinistro

Ready to race!
:w00t:

Hamann

Banned
probably best bang for the buck under $25k....all those used car comparisons don't take into consideration maintainence, which is huge on a 10 yr old Supra or Porsche...

good article.

MkVBlkMgc

Wir wollen lebensraum!
Car(s)
'08 GTI DSG
Man, the picture in that article is like what I see in my garage - except that the Miata is 16 years old and red...

Oh, yeah... and the GTI is a two door.

But other than that, it's spot on.:biggrin:

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
probably best bang for the buck under $25k....all those used car comparisons don't take into consideration maintainence, which is huge on a 10 yr old Supra or Porsche...

good article.

Yea, that's what I'm thinking as well and why I was quite surprised by title. No doubt, I love my GTI and honestly believe there's no better overall package for the price. However if we're talking about sheer fun, especially in stock form, I wouldn't expect it to get top honors.

Cool nonetheless though. :thumbsup:

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
^+1 To everything in that post. :biggrin:

MkVBlkMgc

Wir wollen lebensraum!
Car(s)
'08 GTI DSG
You need to be more specific when you say 'the GTI', Ghostrider.

<sigh>

If you read the post, I state that the pic is the same as I see in my garage, except... Then I go on to list the exceptions - the Mazda being old and a different color, and the VW being a two door.

It seemed reasonably self-explanatory to me, but I'll try to keep in mind that not everybody thinks like I do in future posts.

I mean really - did you think someone could flat out not see the GTI pictured in the article was a four door? Jesus Christ, I'm not StraightTibbun' or one of his ilk.