GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying part of the car to wash...

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
^^^^you know that there are car washes that have ENCLOSED BAYS, where you drive in, the garage closes and you are in a temp. regulated bay/with pressure washers and you can wash/dry/wax etc... your car when it is -20C outside. Search for one in your area, i am sure there are some in IL.

TAK07GTI

tak07gti
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
A buddy of mine works as a manager for a Toyota dealer. When the weather is nice I meet him there on Sundays and we detail our cars. Which is awesome cause I get access to all the professional stuff. They have a shop vac with a blower feature for leaves on it and so does my dads. When I am at either place it works like a charm. Not only for the grill, but the headlights, side rear-view mirrors, hatch. Basically any area that leaks water after you wash and drive the car. Much faster than a hair dryer that someone else posted but along the same lines.

Draw007

pdx_rox
I use either a leaf blower or my air compressor to blow water out of the mirrors, door handles, wheels, basically the whole car where water collects. My neighbors think I'm anal, but who gives a rats ass. I hate water streaming down the side of my car when its clean! :cool:

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
are you serious? the honeycomb grill is easy to wash. just stick your fingers through each hole with a towel to dry... takes less than 5 minutes. :confused:

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
i know for a fact that, that works. i've seen people use a leaf blower to blow out excessive water from cracks and in-seams.

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
I use my finger just like j4xoR. i let it get a mostly dry and then wipe off the remaining water with my finger. the grease on your fingers keep the grill black and wont fade it because there is not enough of it to distort the color. it works really good and takes only 5 minutes at most. I want to get a leaf blower and try that though.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Yeah, I do the grill last... it's really easy. I've used a leaf blower on my old car, after learning it from working for a detail place in high school. It really helps prevent running of water/excess water.

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
^lol same. i do it last cuz it is easiest

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
hair dryer or leave blower works great

just remember to open up your hood/door jams/hatch and wipe the water out of those so they don't run all over the car when you move.... also helps keep those clean.