GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mod time!

09SemperGTI

Ready to race!
So I picked up my black GTI today, and I uh.. have the mod bug, to be honest. I already know I'm going with a stage 1 Revo tune to get me to 250hp. But after that, what do I need to do? Cold air intake, and do the Revo muffler they provide with Stage 2 do anything really? I'm also wanting to get an off-road downpipe (catless downpipe), does anyone know where I can get one? I'm also wanting to lower it. Any over-all advice on modding here?

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
nice choice with the bmp! revo stage 1 to start off. you dont need anything else for that and it will be a a nice gain in hp. youll need a dp and intake minimum before you go to stage 2. they dont provide anything when you get flashed other than the programing. try searching for more info.

Genome

Hippest Teacher. Ever.
So I picked up my black GTI today, and I uh.. have the mod bug, to be honest. I already know I'm going with a stage 1 Revo tune to get me to 250hp. But after that, what do I need to do? Cold air intake, and do the Revo muffler they provide with Stage 2 do anything really? I'm also wanting to get an off-road downpipe (catless downpipe), does anyone know where I can get one? I'm also wanting to lower it. Any over-all advice on modding here?

ok here we go, stay close and pay attention:

Revo doesnt provide a muffler with stage 2.

To go stage 2, you need a downpipe. If you want a catless one like you stated, there is an APR downpipe that is catless. ~$350.00. Your going to need Revo stage 2 to clear the CEL that the downpipe is going to throw.

Search up Bulletproof Speed Hardware. Their good guys over there.

CAI or FOS (Filter on a stick) has sparked a raging debate over how much power (if any) that they net. Although if you do want a nice BOV-like sound, than go for it. Neuspeed, EVOMS, and Fujita just to name a few.

Go with what you want, research certain parts.

Some preventative maintenance that im sure you may be aware of regarding the PCV and DV can be done with a forge DV, and BSH or Eurojet PCV fix. Some people have never had a blown DV or PCV and some people have gone through many, it all depends.

Get a boost gauge to make sure everything is running smooth when you get REVO or whatever tune you plan to go with.

As for suspension, I dont know much, so im hesitant to give much info on that.

09SemperGTI

Ready to race!
Thanks for the tips guys. I probably skipped a bit of info here, but mine is an 09. Does Revo not have a tune available for the 09's yet?

09SemperGTI

Ready to race!
Well, shit. I suppose I better zip an email off to them to tell them to hold the Revo. Wonder if they'll just hold the money and send me a Stage 1 when it's available for the TSI..

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
I think he meant ATP not APR.

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Big Difference