GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV vs. S2000

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
Update: Video on page 3!

So this race has been in the works for like 3 months now. First the driver broke his leg, got a surgery to fix his leg but right after that the rear end in the S2000 broke. Today he tried to fix it, but something is very wrong with the alignment because it's wearing out the tires and very squirrely in the corners.

So the S2000 guy said he wasn't going to race me tonight considering the condition of his car, but I guess he got caught up in the heat of the moment and just went for it anyway as we were coming down the mountain pass. I didn't expect him to go for it but he just punched it and passed me right before the top. So I was attacking from behind going downhill. It starts off as a long downhill straight with a coupe little kinks. If you do it right, you can go WOT through these down to the first hairpin. But I saw him dab the brakes on the first little kink and that took the wind out of his sails enough for me to pass him just using power on the straight. After seeing how unstable the S2000 was I knew he wasn't going to be able to go all out, but he still gave me the best competition I've had out there so far. After I passed him he made up some time on the braking for the hairpin, and his cornering speed was higher on the hairpin but after that I just lost his headlights behind me. It was cold tonight so I think that helped immensely to keep the tires, brakes, and intercooler cold. Still at the finish he was only maybe 20-30 seconds behind me and my time was 1:56. So pretty close compared to the usual. I think this guy is just a really good driver. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to control that thing and not to mention he was doing over 100 MPH with the top down at night with only 2 lHID lights whereas I have 6.

So this doesn't really count as a win and it wasn't official, just maybe a prequel to when he gets his car fixed. I think it'll be way different when it's a fair competition during the day without the temperature and night advantage. I can't wait for him to get that POS fixed! I'd probably help him just so I can race him. If he beat me that would give me more motivation to upgrade the car, but as is I feel fine with the setup.

Last edited:

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
Who wouldn't in Alaska? Sooo many mountains, so few people. It's perfect.

RedBDub

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 Tornado Red GTI
I may have to take a road trip up Alaska one day. Go check out the mountains and then go take a peek a Sara Palins mountains. ;)

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
Sounds like an episode of Initial D. But still, nice run. Sounds like fun out there in the middle of nowhere, USA! Won't see those types of runs here in DFW.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
ap1 would be a cakewalk, ap2 would be more challenge for gti/gli cuz of the like 30-40ho difference

s2kjoe

Passed Driver's Ed
I find the Ap2 more stable plus its got extra torque than the ap1. The S2000 is really a driver's car. You really know how to drive it in order to get it going.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
I find the Ap2 more stable plus its got extra torque than the ap1. The S2000 is really a driver's car. You really know how to drive it in order to get it going.

torque ?? in a honda ?? ap2 s2000 torque is like 160 or something stupid like that lmao

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI

broken.
those cars get their kicks from reving to 9300RPM, and with their Vtec, also with hondata they can control what rpm that shit "vtec" kicks in, b4 that though my niece's power wheels prolly has more tq lol