GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV vs Highly Modded Grand Prix GTP

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
So i was headed down the street and pulled up next to this GTP at the light. I've seen this GTP before but the guy didn't recognize me in my new wheels. He's got: no cat's, pulley, intake, chip, lowered and lighter wheels possibly a few other things but nothing noticable under the hood. So we take off from the light and i pulled about a fender on him and he was just barely creeping on me up to 90 where he ended up about a car length up on me. Was a good run... I just CAN'T WAIT for my GHL exhaust to come in the mail, get an intake and a chip and all the other goodies!!! I would have roasted him :iono:

generic83

lol wheel spin
I had a 98 GTP with just an intake i ran a 14.4 @ 94mph. They really don't wake up until you get cams or rockers, headers, ported S/C. Good run.

Car(s)
2008 GTI 6MT
are you Bone Stock?

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
Yes i am as of right now.

Car(s)
2008 GTI 6MT

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lk63zEQrrpU
This a good run, this video should help you out.

Oh that's what i ran against alright! The funny part that i left out was that i gave him the thumbs-up. Then when we slowed down he asked "is that one of those turbo ones?" I laughed and said, "yeah, a bone stock one!"

Besides that my mods are in order. I got rear-ended Jan 24th so i'm fighting with the insurance company to get a high estimate so i can cash out. That way i can get an R32 Rear bumper and get my side skits, front lip, antenna, and top spoiler all painted to match for the same price as going through the insurance company to get it fixed back to stock:fighting003:... Since i work at a VW dealership i get my OEM parts at cost plus 20% and i ordered my GHL R32 style exhaust on thursday.

once that situation settles down I'll think bout what i wanna do next. I'm one of those guys that is an "all or nothing" kinda guy so if i'm gonna program it i'm gonna have to get a CAI, f/p, and DV all at the same time or acquire them one at a time and put them all on at once. Really my current debate over programs is: REVO vs ARP...:iono:

streetsoldier185

Yellow Jacket LS1
Car(s)
04 GTO 6MT

JudgementDEY

Euro tuned Freak
Car(s)
MKV GTI
HAHAHA...thats my GTI :p

i ended up putting about 1 1/2 - 2 cars on him...hes a friend of mine. those GTPs make a lot of power when modded the right way...

Really dude thats an awesome video man. were did you guys race ?

streetsoldier185

Yellow Jacket LS1
Car(s)
04 GTO 6MT
road near my house thats 4 miles of straight open road at around 1-2am. no one is on it then. he dyno'd around 230WHP and 300WTQ with the mods he had. HP was low cuz he was still on stock headers and had cats.

...fuck cats... :p

he also did a 13.8 at the track and a 13.7 on a simulated 1/4 mile dyno.

JudgementDEY

Euro tuned Freak
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I know i got the ATP DP no fucking CAT!!!! BUt the smell sometimes bothers me. Hey I got a question im about to make a purchase should i get a Fuel Pump or a Cat-Back exhaust.

streetsoldier185

Yellow Jacket LS1
Car(s)
04 GTO 6MT
I know i got the ATP DP no fucking CAT!!!! BUt the smell sometimes bothers me. Hey I got a question im about to make a purchase should i get a Fuel Pump or a Cat-Back exhaust.

...good question. im holding off on getting the fuel pump until revo comes out with some supporting software...

...so if i were u i guess i would be looking at the rest of the exhaust...

GTPsex

Meh, i would call that a mildly modded GTP. I think people bash GP's a little too much in these forums, they're a nice platform for modding :(
The GTP really shouldnt drop pulley sizes untill it has a downpipe or headers, but anyways, good kill :\