GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MkV R32 vs. S5, S4, Evo

Slave IV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32, B5 S4
Not an all out Vs. since this was supposed to be a mellow cruise with some friends but went to Angels Crest Hwy over the weekend..warmup for Fastivus!

Did alright..had my 3 month old daughter and wife in the back, didn't push near as hard as I could and still managed to outpace the S5 (V8, modded, KW's...), S4 (supercharged 3.0) and heavily modded Evo (dyno tuned 500 whp+) I was with. The R seems to be running perfectly. S5 driver (who was second fasted behind me) said my car looked flat and planted around the curves. So much for that crappy OEM suspension huh? All three of the other drivers said they lost traction several times and got loose while I barely squeaked my tires a few times at most...Anyways, it was a lot of fun and looking forward to pushing the car harder on the track at Fastivus.

The Sham

Big and Sexy
There's speeding and there's being reckless. The two are not the same. Not gonna bust your balls OP. I have a 5 month old today!!! She fucking loves it when I floor it. My wife always sits in the back with her and says she gets fussy at stop lights and then gets a shit eating grin on her face when I let it rip.......

"My daughter doesn't know fear. She doesn't know hate. She's never been victimized or oppressed. All she knows is love, happiness and horsepower."

Hondatuner87

K20a2 Powered
Car(s)
2002 Civic Si
I can't say I haven't done some really stupid shit while behind the wheel but I promise myself that when I have a child I will never do any "spirited driving" while he/she is in the car with me.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
due to their light weight and ability to fit in any vehicle small children are supplanting your little asian buddy as street race camera holders of choice

Slave IV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32, B5 S4
LOL, wasn't racing just having some fun and I was driving well below my ability, which is well below the car's ability so plenty of headroom to spare. My daughter had a blast and we would do it again anytime. As far as the other drivers, I'll give them the fact that they never drove on that road before but most people with cars like these can't drive anywhere near the car's ability in stock form, let alone modified.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I'd be less concerned about crashing and more worried about giving a very young child (presumably with a giant frigging melon bobbing around on a weak baby neck) whiplash.

Slave IV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32, B5 S4
No whiplashing...she was actually asleep most the time. I try to drive smooth and fast.
But yeah, it is an extra risk...so is driving normally down any road and I just can't go through life not doing anything.

K03

Ridiculous.
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
I doubt he was hitting it too hard, and non of these guys pro-level drivers so they werent going that fast. It was just the fact the other cars were so modded that their tires couldnt handle it so the stock R out ran them.

Slave IV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32, B5 S4
Haha, I did have the best tires of the bunch but only the EVO 8 was heavily modded. The S5 was modded a bit but none of it does much for the car.
I don't think I'm a great driver but from what I've seen, I'm better than a lot that I've seen on our canyons and I've been driving canyon roads since I've had a license so I'd say my experience was the determining factor in this case. I'm sure I could've gone faster than I did in my R if I was in any of their cars.