GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV R32 vs Acurat TL and BMW 330ci

WakeHead

WakeHead
Car(s)
2008 R32 #0146
Pulled up next to 2nd Gen TL (not a Type S) with two guys. It had been lowered, but that's about it. His car made a lot of noise but I had him by 3 or 4 car lengths at 60mph.

Headed home later, I had been messin w/ a new BMW 650i through traffic on the Parkway, but wasn't going crazy since its pretty much cop central there. Then this last gen 330ci pulls up to me (looked stock). So we went at it from the next light. I had put the DSG into 'S' and wasn't pushing it all the way. But at 50mph which is the speed limit, I had him by over a car length. He backed off with his tail between his legs. His girl was with him. :laugh: I also think the roar of my exhaust intimidated him.

Of course, once I slowed up the 6 that had been behind me blew past. But I aint messing with him. Although, maybe next time since it wasn't an M.

Well, that will be enough for me for awhile. I put the R back in the garage and I'll drive the GTI VR6 the rest of the week.

Last edited:

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!
Car(s)
VW MKV GLI
R32 ftw

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
he must be speaking of a 645, which should able to beat you by a few car lengths

WakeHead

WakeHead
Car(s)
2008 R32 #0146
Sorry, new 6 series. 650i to be exact. 5.0L V-10 I believe, but maybe that's the M6. The old ones I grew up with were all 635s. I knew enough not to mess w/him.

Last edited:

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
Sorry, new 6 series. 650i to be exact. 5.0L V-10 I believe. The old ones I grew up with were all 635s. I knew enough not to mess w/him.

does the 650 have a 5.0l v-10? i thought the m6 had a 5.0l v-10 and the 650 is essentially a 2006 645ci, they just changed the name because they tuned the engine a bit for a few more horsepower. i could be wrong though

WakeHead

WakeHead
Car(s)
2008 R32 #0146
Your right. V-8 not V-10...

From BMW on the 650i...
"A heart-pounding launch to 60 mph in a mere 5.3 seconds*, fired by a 4.8-liter V-8 engine"

But 0-60 in the 5s, I might have a chance with a new intake and exhaust.

Now the M6...uh no.
"Powered by a 5.0 liter V-10 engine capable of generating 500 horsepower and 383 lb.-ft. of torque, the BMW M6 Coupe can rocket from 0 to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds*. "