GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV R32 Rear Diff Oil Change

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
This is How u can mod ur Pump to fit the Rear Diff bottle, its very very easy to do and can do it in mins.

Parts list:

1. Fluid Pump- got if for Autozone
2. Rear Diff Bottle
3. Razor Blade
4. 1/8" Brass pipe
5. 1/4" Clamp

IMG_3473.jpg

First take of the Rear Diff Lid and also Take apart the Fluid Pump as shown in the pic.

IMG_3479.jpg

Once u get the Rear Diff Lid off then take ur Razor Blade and cut the Lip off the Black lid. Like so

IMG_3481.jpg

Next, Take the Black modified lid and place it where the lid goes on the white fluid pump.

IMG_3483.jpg

Now u can put the pump back together and it fits the Rear Diff bottle perfect. U can also put on the brass pipe and the clamp to the bottom otf the hose.

IMG_3489.jpg

Now ur done enjoy.............:happyanim:

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
Anybody have the part number for the rear diff fill plugs? My drain plug is stripped and I need to get a new one. Ended up having to give up on my oil change last night because of that plug! I got the Haldex done though, which is more important since I last did both about 60 000km ago.

RHCP4LIFE

Ready to race!
Car(s)
.:R32
Anybody have the part number for the rear diff fill plugs? My drain plug is stripped and I need to get a new one. Ended up having to give up on my oil change last night because of that plug! I got the Haldex done though, which is more important since I last did both about 60 000km ago.

from another one of stylist threads

should look like this

This is the Fill Plug u need - 5mm hex - N-902-818-02

View attachment 75606

Last edited:

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
Thanks for the part number! I think I'll just go to the local hardware store and pick up some DIN908 plug screws w/ 1/8" thread as the dealer price for these is just ridiculous. 2,71EUR here in Finland for 1, or 65cents at the hardware store.

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Thanks for the part number! I think I'll just go to the local hardware store and pick up some DIN908 plug screws w/ 1/8" thread as the dealer price for these is just ridiculous. 2,71EUR here in Finland for 1, or 65cents at the hardware store.

Make sure u get a copper washer or ur going to have a leak!!!!!!

For some reason the plumbling Brass fittings dont have the same threads and u will open up and rethread the holes and may cause thread lock or cross thread!!!!!

Good luck man, If i where u i would spend the extra few bucks on the OEM parts or just reuse the old pluggs and replace them the next service.

:thumbsup:

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
I got some new 1/8" R and M10x1 plugs for free from a friend, so I'll test those first. I have the copper washers ready.

I believe the thread is 1/8" R, but I'll have to check. Could be 1/8" G or M10x1. I'll test the new plugs and see if they fit. Sadly I can't reuse the other old one so I'm going to need to have new plugs handy when I take it out.

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
Both threads types are real close so the 1/8th will screw in finger tight with no harm.
You can also just push the hose into the hole with no screw tube needed.