GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 on Canada Website

MichaelGTi

Ready to race!
The base 2 door is actually about $2000 cheaper than the mk6, with a loaded 4 door about the same price. When I priced it out it was within a few hundred of my car with same equipment. The 42k is including all fees and taxes. The mk6 R was closer to 46k all in.
We pay more for cars here yes, but they also come better equipped. Still overpriced compared to US models though. I remember when I worked for Nissan and the 350Z came out, our base price was about 39k while the US started at 26k but the US model was almost stripped compared to our model, which came loaded with the only options being navi and "track" package.

Free healthcare FTW!

More importantly how does this compare to the MK6 model in terms of price..
Meh, free healthcare is like free tacos, you get what you pay for...

Pricing comparison is in my post. Base on the 4 door is higher by about 2800 than base on the mk6, but I'm guessing the sport package (roof/18s) is standard now as it's no longer listed as an option package. For the 2 door, we now have an Autobahn package, which looks to be equivalent to a Canadian mk6 base with sport package. Looks like VW held the line on pricing. More equipment yes, but cheaper production so I'm sure they're making their money on the mk7.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
As expected then... for those thinking it will be cheaper :laugh:

PrayforMojo

Go Kart Champion
Not seeing the Performance Package available anywhere on those Canuckistanian builds.

Hopefully that doesn't hold true for the US market.

I can't see them building cars with the PP in Mexico and not selling it in both markets.

I hate the pricing delta between US and Canada, it's only going to get worse with the dollar dropping almost $0.10 in the last few months. We never got a true up during the time when the CDN dollar was above US, but they'll surely nail us when it drops.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I can't see them building cars with the PP in Mexico and not selling it in both markets.

I hate the pricing delta between US and Canada, it's only going to get worse with the dollar dropping almost $0.10 in the last few months. We never got a true up during the time when the CDN dollar was above US, but they'll surely nail us when it drops.

Agreed.

f00kie1

Go Kart Champion
I paid $40,800 for my 2012 fully-loaded GTI, after a $1,500 rebate (bought it in May before the 2012 were even available). So let's call that $42,500 without the rebate. Or about $1,200 more expensive than the MK7.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I paid $40,800 for my 2012 fully-loaded GTI, after a $1,500 rebate (bought it in May before the 2012 were even available). So let's call that $42,500 without the rebate. Or about $1,200 more expensive than the MK7.

That's expensive! Loaded here is about $32,000

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Mine included taxes, but yes we pay more. Our loaded car is better though, get better nav unit and climatronic, among perhaps other things.

Yeah, you guys get the RNS-510 and dual zone climate. Backup camera too I think?

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Nope, no camera.

Yeah I thought that.. The German Mk6's have more than some luxury cars here. Parking sensors, auto parallel-park, Sport/Comfort dynamic suspension, all of the blank switches we have :laugh:

Still a great car though.