GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Have you bought a car in the last 6-8
months?

It’s not about gouging… they won’t having anything to give you a deal on, you’re going to pay within $500-300 of sticker on new, and late model preowned is a considerably higher cost than what it would have been 1.5 to 2 years ago. And that higher cost is still the deal being FAIR *based on current market values.

I haven't and won't. I'm not dumb enough to buy during a supply crunch.

I still wouldn't pay over MSRP. Son's car is an 18 GTI with 20k miles, mine is a 19 with 25k miles, wife's 20 Outback has 16k miles. I'd normally start looking to get rid of the 18, but it's got low mileage and the market is stupid right now.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Mine gave me at least 30 ponypowers

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Dealer Markups are the normal now. Went the Kia dealer to see about trading in the wifes Sportage for something more fuel efficient. $10,999 dealer markup on a Kia Forte.. they wanted 33K for the low to mid trim.

It was nuts. Used car prices aren't much better.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I've been looking at supras for the past week. Surprisingly the prices aren't too bad. New inventory on these cars doesn't really exist, but at least used ones are going for about $55k for the most part. New msrp is $55-56k. Some of them get marked up to maybe $58-59k. It's not as bad as I figured though, at least when I compare it to my car. I paid $36.5k in august 2019 for a used 2018, but I go online today and prices for Rs with similar mileage are $41-42k. The inflated price of my car should make it a little easier for me to upgrade.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
If they have a true recorded 10% higher energy output/transfer it is still an “upgrade” just a needed one or one you can actually see the benefits from is real question of is it *worthwhile* upgrade. But pricing on them is good anyways, I just wish they had yellow and green too so I could harlequin the packs
What's really funny to me is the red "RS3" coilpack "upgrade" kits. It's literally just the latest revision part number for the 2.0t, last I looked it was the same p/n as what came on my '19 :unsure:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
+10hp on dyno

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Any evidence to suggest the "old" packs were underperforming? Only 35,000km on the old ones.
On another video, he claimed there was no issue with them.