GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 cluster, ecu, key etc in a mk5

DeWet

Ready to race!
Im still trying to sort out the gti ecu before I start the engine work to convert my 2.0 FSI golf into a gti.
Do someone perhaps know if I can buy a key set from a mk6 gti to plug it into my 2005 mk5 golf?

Like this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122666182933

Busy putting a mk6 gti steering in my car so wont mind having the cluster too.

I know there is a wiring adapter on ebay to go from mk5 cluster connector to mk6 cluster but dont know about making the rest work or if the ecu connector an wiring is the same between mk5 and mk6.

Any information would be great thanks

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
The mk6 cluster isn't a direct swap because of the tunnels around the gauges. They stick out farther than the dash surround.

drval85

Go Kart Newbie

This type of cluster does swap in physically. But you need to be able to program it, and the adapter harness. A VAG COM cable is not sufficient for the programming needed.

Pissat4motion

Time Lord

This type of cluster does swap in physically. But you need to be able to program it, and the adapter harness. A VAG COM cable is not sufficient for the programming needed.

which cluster is that and where do you source the adapter?

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
Honest answer: Pay someone to do it. I was hoping I could find a single screen swap, since it's probably held in with a couple screws and a ribbon cable but that seems to not be an option. Swapping the cluster is on my short list of things to do.

Cluster appears to be a 6 or 7.

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
I believe it was a golf mk6 tdi cluster that had blue needles transferred over. Kufatec may make a harness, but mine was made by the guy who installed/programmed it.