GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK5 trunk doesnt work! HELP ME!

latiino94

Car(s)
golf mk5
Hi :)

I'm a new member, I have tried to find the error with the trunk but I have run out of ideas/solutions.
I found this forum because someone else had the same problem with the trunk.

my trunk stop working, a few days before I had installed led dynamic turn light on my golf MK5 and he who have help me with the installation made some functions changes on myCarly ( advance OBD scanning). So I thought that it was because of this change he made, I met him again and he changed back again manually, he maybe missed any function to change back? anyway. it still didn't work.
I bought a new trunk latch and installed but nothing happened, I took a look at the wiring that runs through the rubber boots of the hatch and everything looks OK even all fuses.
I measured connections between emblem and trunk latch and it gets electric. :(
I met another guy who helped with OBD scanning ( he had OBDeleven) he checked and everything looks OK with trunk and car-comfort.
he had autotest functions that send a signal to all modules when he pressed up the emblem, this sent signal that became activated in autotest function when I press the trunk button in my car key, it sounds that trunk has been unlocked but i can't open :(
I get no error codes, just one error which I have had before that is lookcase doorlock but all my doors work well, it should not sounds when I pressed the trunk button if I had problems with lookcase doorlock.
someone who can help me? please :( I have had this problem for more than 1 month.

sorry for my bad English, I hope u have understood what I have written

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
So it did not work before the guys got there and did not function after they left even though you had replaced the latch motor. Key fob does not unlock it, VW emblem does not unlock it and I take it the driver door hatch button does not unlock it. They tested the VW emblem and it shows it as functioning but did they do an output test for the latch motor from the comfort module? It gets power from the comfort module to unlock motor. Seems you have no power coming from that module to motor or power is going out from that module and you have issue with the wire. May want to check the wiring inside the rubber boot again.

Last edited:

latiino94

Car(s)
golf mk5
So it did not work before the guys got there and did not function after they left even though you had replaced the latch motor. Key fob does not unlock it, VW emblem does not unlock it and I take it the driver door hatch button does not unlock it. They tested the VW emblem and it shows it as functioning but did they do an output test for the latch motor from the comfort module? It gets power from the comfort module to unlock motor. Seems you have no power coming from that module to motor or power is going out from that module and you have issue with the wire. May want to check the wiring inside the rubber boot again.
I have already checked the wiring inside the rubber boot and looks OK, other places in the car these wiring can be?

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Generic Wiring diagram for the hatch. You can see that the VW switch E234 goes back to the comfort module and power comes back from that module to the hatch lock motor V139. I believe you stated that the VW switch showed as working when they tested it out at the comfort module. You need to do an output test from the comfort module for the hatch lock motor and see if it function or check for power with Dvm at the motor plug while activating the unlock function by key fob, door button or VW emblem.

latiino94

Car(s)
golf mk5
hi.
I have done an autotest with OBD11 and the car sent an activated signal to her phone when we push on the VW emblem , all functions looks OK and no problem with the tailgate-

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Don't know about OBD11 but with Vcds from RT you can output test the hatch motor from comfort module so you are basically bypassing the vw hatch switch.

latiino94

Car(s)
golf mk5
so do u think that VCDS can find the problem with trunk? because I have tried with other programs and doesn't find any problem.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
I have no idea what the other scan tools will show you, but I know that Vcds will access the output testing for the latch motor which is a module function. There are scan tools that do not access all modules or functions of the modules. I would think ODBeleven should be able to but I don't know.

Here is a screenshot of comfort module 46 showing the status of the VW emblem switch, lock motor main & pre, key fob and the driver door hatch button.

Outside button is VW emblem actuate it and it will change from Not.Oper. to Operated.
Hatch in closed position the main & pre latch will show closed and open when the hatch is lifted up.
Remote control is the key fob buttons 0 is not pressed and 1 is pressed. You have four position for the four buttons on the key fob.
Interior button is the door hatch button if actuated it will go from Not.Oper. to Operated.

Except for the main & pre latch which show status the others are just showing you that 46 sees the input from those button or switches

This is a screenshot of comfort 46 output test section.

Running an output test on the bottom two actuates the hatch lock motor, it basically bypasses all the other items posted above and just send power out of 46 down the wire(see wiring diagram) to the latch motor to actuate it.