GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk5 rain light sensor

fungist

Passed Driver's Ed
Just started woundering a bit since ive seen many cars having handy features using the light sensors to automatically turn off high beam when meeting a car during night. Also they run with Drl+fogs that auto switches to low beams when entering a tunnel and back to drl when out in daylight again.

My car is equipped with xenons and this sensor and i also see in vagcom its possible to modify this but the adaption channel gives me an error.

I googled and found many examples on mk5 having this feature. Mine seem disabled though somehow or not working.

Euro car btw fully equipped. Auto wipes and rain sensing works btw.

fungist

Passed Driver's Ed
A short update for anyone thats intrested. My light switch was illuminated red on the auto position. With low beams enabled at all times. When turning on and off the switch it would light green on auto for 1 sec before going back to red. I dont know why bu i thought maybe there was something wrong. I played lots with vagcom with no luck but now i seem to getting near something.

I turned off comming home and leaving home. I disabled both us and scandinavian drl boxes. I disabled coming home personilazation and enabled it by light sensor. Not sure what happened but now the auto feature ion switch is green and not red as earlier. No lights on the car now. Tried to block the light sensor with my hand and the low beams turned on.

I do however get a error code 02390 regulation for ambience lightning short to ground.

fungist

Passed Driver's Ed
Solved. Finally after 3 hours in vagcom and google i figure out my light sensor wasnt even working properly. After finding the menu for adjusting it sensitivity i got it all working great. Didnt even know the car had this feature.

At last im woundering if thise car has high beam assist.?