GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK2 Jetta & RX-8

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Two different days, two different cars, one convenient thread that could be called: "you lose some, you win some". Results are probably different than you expect!

1) Driving home from my gf's at 3am, I decide to take the longer route because I feel like driving. Nice cooler weather, next to no cars on the road, I'm just having a good time enjoying my music and my GTI. A Sentra SE-R blows by me and I ignore it, until I see it pull right up to this MK2 Jetta's rear bumper and start pushing, swerving behind it, acting like a dick. I think to myself: "yeah? you wanna go after my little brother? Let's see what you can do to me." so I catch up to them. As I'm pulling up on them, the jetta actually moves over and guns it as the SE-R goes to pass, and he's pulling on him... at this point I reach the SE-R's rear end, and I guess it was just too much dub pwning for him, because he lets off and gets behind the Jetta. So now I'm side by side with the Jetta, and I think: "seems like he's got something, I may as well!" and we go for it. I start gaining a bit, and then... "pssshhhhhh" erupts all around me and this thing takes off like a bat out of hell. Nothing I could do, thing was just gaining more and more distance on me, and FAST. I flash my hazards, he slows down, gives me a thumbs up that I return, and he takes an exit. I have no idea what was in there (VR6 Turbo maybe?) but it was damn sleeper in appearance.

2) Driving home from golfing (heh) with a friend, long 2 lane country highway, slightly overcast but no rain, and the road is completely empty. We pass one light where a black RX-8 is waiting to turn on. I think nothing of it, I'm doing the limit just driving along. Two minutes later and this thing is right up my ass, two guys in their 20's, and the passenger is laughing. The next exit is 3 miles away, no chance a car can get on, and no houses along this road, so I figure: "why not?" thinking I would probably lose, but wanted to see. I move to the right, he guns it to pass, and I drop down, and gun it also. He's side by side with me, and each shift gets me a little ahead... now he's giving it all he's got (car has at least an exhaust by the sound of it, don't know what else), I can hear it screaming. His passenger-side mirror is about even with my rear bumper, and it stays that way for a little while. He finally lets off, gets behind me, and cruises a few cars back at the same speed as me. We reach the exit, he flashes me, and turns off.

It was the first time my friend was in the car with me, and he couldn't believe it. He was like: "I knew this thing was fun, but that was amazing". Hah.

I love the GTI =P

Yeah, a mk2 Jetta with a VR6 will wax us.....

A vr6T in a mk2 will pwn an STI and an EVO....all day....(if its tuned right)

I will never give up my mk2 pride.

Nice kill on the RX8 though....

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I'm hoping I run into the Jetta again, somewhere where we can chat a bit. I wanna know what was in that thing!

As to the RX-8... I'm not sure *kill* is the best word here. I was really hoping to get a length on him, or at least get him away from my side, but I was surprised that he couldn't get up to pass me. I also wish I had taken note of the precise speed and rpm level at which it became a standstill. Seemed like a stuck spot for us.

viperx100

Drag Racing Champion
It must have been the 6-speed 238 hp rx8, becuase the autos are snails. And just so you know, that thing would have killed you on the track or autoX. They handle like crazy.

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I think anything would kill me on a track or in autox. I've never tried either =)

S

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
nice kill

xxForgedxx

Ready to race!
Yeah, a mk2 Jetta with a VR6 will wax us.....

A vr6T in a mk2 will pwn an STI and an EVO....all day....(if its tuned right)

I will never give up my mk2 pride.

Nice kill on the RX8 though....

lol, I think you should start giving up on that pride before you say anything else that's dumb

mkvtg37

women = cunts
Car(s)
ferrari
yeah RX8s are not that quick. i beat one in my modded V6 mustang awhile back and they really arent that fast. great kill though, im sure he had some explaining to do with the passenger.

PooLeArMor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 CW GTi
yeah RX8s are not that quick. i beat one in my modded V6 mustang awhile back and they really arent that fast. great kill though, im sure he had some explaining to do with the passenger.

The Drive will tell his passenger " he got Fast in his Car what can i DO " wahaha