GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Missing colour

ViLus

Car(s)
MKV 1.4TSI Variant
Had a little "winter project" of my own.. Never liked the black rims so I decided to do a little something to them.

Beginning

Add some paint remover

After losing all my finger tips and nails I finally got them done

Now the rims are ready to be painted. What do you guys think about the colour? Personally I have a few options but I'd like to hear yours..

Here is the piece of equipment that is going to use the rims...

s4mt3k

binary four
Car(s)
'11 Tundra
@ first it looked like you had the centers masked off, but at the end they looked "faded"? Are you stripping the paint off the centers (spokes) or leaving them black?

As far as colors go, I really have a very limited list that I like and it's black/white/silver/gold/bronze.

ViLus

Car(s)
MKV 1.4TSI Variant
s4mt3k
@ first it looked like you had the centers masked off, but at the end they looked "faded"? Are you stripping the paint off the centers (spokes) or leaving them black?

As far as colors go, I really have a very limited list that I like and it's black/white/silver/gold/bronze.

The centers/spokes are the ones to be painted. The "lip" is going to to have a "polished" look. You pretty much have the same list of colors as I..

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I am going to be different and suggest a gunmetal or some shade of darker grey. A satin/matte "gunship grey" or something similar like UG would look hot:

This is a good opportunity for you to decide on a theme for the car though, you could coordinate the wheels with the rest of the car. Plan well :biggrin: The car looks great as is with that body kit, it could look amazing depending on the route you take with those wheels!

As mentioned if you went with the above grey or something similar, you could colormatch the front mask like so (not the best pic but you get the idea, i've always been a huge fan of this look):

That would look uber hot with that body kit you run.

Are you leaving those lips as is? They have a brushed look to them, are you planning on giving it any gloss? Personally, I'd paint the lips black and the spokes grey, but thats me. Also, that might make your wheels look smaller than they are...

ViLus

Car(s)
MKV 1.4TSI Variant
Dredknut
I am going to be different and suggest a gunmetal or some shade of darker grey. A satin/matte "gunship grey" or something similar like UG would look hot:

This is a good opportunity for you to decide on a theme for the car though, you could coordinate the wheels with the rest of the car.

Are you leaving those lips as is? They have a brushed look to them, are you planning on giving it any gloss? Personally, I'd paint the lips black and the spokes grey, but thats me. Also, that might make your wheels look smaller than they are...

Great suggestion! The lips will be left as they are so they'll have the brushed look on them.

Plan is to theme the car at least a bit. Because I've hated those black rims from the moment I bought the car I decided that these are the ones I start from. I was thinking about dark beige too, but that might be too much. Maybe dark red, maybe something else... :iono: