GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Misfire in cylinder 1 ONLY

zechsiw

About 6 month ago, I changed all plugs to NGK BKR7EIX and then cylinder 1 coilpack dead on me right after. My dealer changed the cylinder 1 coilpack (Rev.D) under warranty.

Recently I upgraded to APR stage2, but switch 93 to 91 octane and filled up with Shell 91:)thumbdown: I'll go back to Chevron). Now I got misfire in cylinder 1 everyday.

But how come the misfire only happen in cylinder 1?

Here is the log. I'm tired of clear CEL everyday, so no log for today.

----------------------------------------
Update:
Coilpack was swapped 1234->4321
and today get the same misfire: Random/Multiple and Cylinder 1
so I'll look into the spark plugs, Thanks guys!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

The 100 octane kid

Ready to race!
Maybe a vacuum leak.

RHCPCraze

Ready to race!
You are getting a P0300 as well, which is random cylinder miss. Vacuum leak is probably not it. Vacuum leak would lead to a lean condition bank 1 code before it ever becomes a misfire. I would suggest checking the gap on that plug that you replaced. If the gap is good then change the plug. You had an inop coil over cylinder one. Fuel injector was dumping gas, but ignition system was not lighting the mixture, its possible that the plug got fouled out due to all the fuel in the cylinder and no spark.

zechsiw

Thanks for inputs!
"Vacuum leak would lead to lean" that also remind me something. My mechanic changed the DP for me last week, he told me that the first cat. doesn't look normal to him. That's too clean, too white, looks like engine running lean. I'll take a pic of it and post up.

Would you suggest to do a swap test on coil, see if the misfire switch to other cylinder?

tranceporter

F**K YOU CAM FOLLOWERS
Car(s)
'08 BMP GTI
assuming you have an aftermarket intake, try tightening up the clamps around the turbo

karimcoco

Passed Driver's Ed
i have a question to you guys (its a little of topic), recently i replaced my

spark plugs for the bkr7eix and my car started performing slower than before,

i thaught that the problem was somewhere else but after putting back my

stock plugs its back to normal....could it be bad plugs? (btw im revo stg 1) sorry again for the

thread jack

karimcoco

Passed Driver's Ed
it felt slower (butt dyno). i know enough my car to feel that its slower. I

know it sounds weird + i was realy realy confident when buying those

sparkplugs. I left them in the car for about a week just to make sure. what

do you think bout it?