GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mileage

kingkalukan

So my buddy bought a gti the other day and I went for a ride in his car. Noticed he put his cruise control on around 75-80mph and his mfd was saying around 32-37 mpg and was staying completely steady. I was totally amazed. My vehicle at those speeds only gets 24-27 mpg. I even reset my average today and drove down the freeway with cruise on around 75 and my vehicle only averaged 23 mpg. This is very unacceptable at this point I think and was wondering if there are any common fail points in our car that would cause my mileage to be reduced so drastically. This is a 2.0t fsi dsg gti with apr stage 1.

Midwest Hick

verrUcktVW
Car(s)
Candy White GTI
thats kewl

ducsNdubs

Ready to race!
There could be a difference in rolling diameter of the wheels between you and your friends car. Depending on what wheels and tires you are running. So the display value might be off.

Seriouschris

<3's vaginas
Car(s)
Your mom
Were you looking at the same mileage display on both cars? There's two and you can toggle between them with a button on the steering wheel. Also, unless you traveled roughly the same distance at roughly the same speed for the entire comparison it's apples vs/ oranges. Either way, awesome thread.

kingkalukan

Well to be honest it's the same stretch of land I travel everyday to work. And I would have chalked it up to circumstantial except for the fact that the mileage difference was insanely big.