GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIL came on...any suggestions

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat
so i was putzing around town running some errands and when i started my car up after briefly stopping off for some eats the MIL/CEL light came on didn't go away. The car seems to run fine and boosts normally and pulls normally. nothing weird at idle either. i notice no loss in power or responsiveness. Just wondering i guess if anybody has had anything similar happen. i'm sure it could be a multitude of things though. i don't have vag-com so if anybody near the irvine/OC area in socal can help out it would be greatly appreciated and i'd toss in a case of your fav beer from the local grocery store :biggrin:...for whatever reason the local autozones or kragens no longer check engine codes...go figure

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
I get the CEL a lot for the intake tumble flaps stuck open problem, goes away after a while. best to just get it scanned.

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat
I get the CEL a lot for the intake tumble flaps stuck open problem, goes away after a while. best to just get it scanned.

i'll try and take it somewhere tomorrow...it was just so random...oh well it's a dub, comes with the territory

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat

looks like you were right. the scans showed the intake flapper getting stuck. the cel went away before i had it scanned so i just cleared the codes and if it comes back again i'll take it to the dealer.

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
Just a fyi, if they do the OY3 reflash to 'fix' the problem your apr/revo/giac will be flashed back to stock.