GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Might get rid of GTI

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
If your commute is less than 85 mi consider the '13 electric Fit on that new $259/month lease, pay 0 on gas ;)

On the other hand it's pretty cool the new Wrangler is available with a 6 speed and ~280hp V6

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
No leases for me. And a fit sure as hell isn't going off road lol

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
I've always wanted a Spoon modified Fit, perfect short course track car.

OP, $100-$150 isn't much for a month. You can blow that amount easily one night out. Another Q, how many more payments left?

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
I've always wanted a Spoon modified Fit, perfect short course track car.

OP, $100-$150 isn't much for a month. You can blow that amount easily one night out. Another Q, how many more payments left?

that 100-150 a month saved is just in the payment, thats not counting insurance, as far as going out, i don't do that too much, and if i do i usually play the DD for friends

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I pay $42/month more in gas, but my payment went down $20, so I went negative $20 a month. However, my GTI was spending more time in the shop than in my garage or on the road, so an extra $20 a month for reliability and for me a more enjoyable drive (plus more options and better stereo) was definitely worth it.

Really sit down and do the math on this to see if it would make sense for you. If $$ is what you want to save, then you gotta take everything into account. Payment cost, insurance cost, fuel cost. If you want, I can give you the formula I used to determine the gas cost/savings of one versus the other.

Mine was not a financial decision, but money always plays a part in life. Yours seems strictly financial, so you'd need to save quite a bit to make it worth it. $10 or $20 per month would be negligible. You need to save well over $100 a month to make it worth it I wold say. But what is worth it for you?

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
I pay $42/month more in gas, but my payment went down $20, so I went negative $20 a month. However, my GTI was spending more time in the shop than in my garage or on the road, so an extra $20 a month for reliability and for me a more enjoyable drive (plus more options and better stereo) was definitely worth it.

Really sit down and do the math on this to see if it would make sense for you. If $$ is what you want to save, then you gotta take everything into account. Payment cost, insurance cost, fuel cost. If you want, I can give you the formula I used to determine the gas cost/savings of one versus the other.

Mine was not a financial decision, but money always plays a part in life. Yours seems strictly financial, so you'd need to save quite a bit to make it worth it. $10 or $20 per month would be negligible. You need to save well over $100 a month to make it worth it I wold say. But what is worth it for you?

thats another thing that worries me, not so much right now, but down the road with the DSG and just the high cost of German vehicles,If this trans goes up im screwed, if the 6-speed on the Jeep goes up it'll be easier to work on and probably cheaper as well.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like you've made up your mind. Good luck with the swap and home purchase.

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
There is no way the jeep will save you money. If you want it just because, that is a very different story but I don't buy it in the least as a "economical" decision.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
There is no way the jeep will save you money. If you want it just because, that is a very different story but I don't buy it in the least as a "economical" decision.

This.

If you really want to be economical, get a MkIV TDI with a manual. Those can EASILY be had for under $10k and it will be older and you won't have to worry about driving it on a dirt or gravel road to work. Plus you'll be getting 45mpg on the highway and 35 around town.

But as the other guy said. It seems as though you've already made up your mind anyway. I hope you don't truly think a Jeep is more economical than your GTI. I'm sure there are many reasons to consider buying a Jeep, but I think we can all agree that economical fuel consumption is certainly not one of them.

This may be of help. Real world averages: http://www.fuelly.com/car/jeep/wrangler/2013