GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Melbourne - Who ever said Melbourne doesn't get rain?

samps

Car(s)
'06 GTI
My GTI was outside. Looked after it with kid gloves for 4 yrs, just paid out the lease and now its covered in hail damage. It's white too - "golf ball" was a joke someone made but I'm not laughing yet. :(

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
My GTI was outside. Looked after it with kid gloves for 4 yrs, just paid out the lease and now its covered in hail damage. It's white too - "golf ball" was a joke someone made but I'm not laughing yet. :(

:cry:

I can't imagine your insurance company will be too keen to fix it.

What happened to all the cars damaged in Sydney ten years ago? Write-offs?

Ice Halo

Ready to race!

Sorry to hear that mate, hopefully the insurance company will sort it out for you.

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
Dimples actually will reduce drag...

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Wow that sounds like some hardcore damage, sorry to hear guys. We were sitting ON THE RUNWAY about to take off for Adelaide when then storm hit (stupid Qantas taking too long to board or we could have missed it). I'd seen the BOM radar while we were waiting and it was all red and black coming across, then we boarded, taxi'd and were the next plane to take off when he said we'd be waiting it out then WHAM it felt like we were flying through turbulence while we were still parked! Rain was so heavy you couldn't see the tips of the wings. So we had to sit through that for 30-40mins waiting. Glad we waited now!

Once we got to Radelaide my brother emailed me some pics from his house in Knoxfield where they copped cricket ball sized hail but fortunately only damage they got was some smashed roof tiles. Saw footage from Flemington races... at least what you could see through the rain! The old man was showing some friends the MCC museum and they didn't have any idea what was going on until they came out and had to run for the car... dad and one friend lept on to what looked like asphalt only to find it was knee deep water with scum on top, another friend slipped over in the mud and actually laid in the gutter to wash it all off lol Then they took 2 hours to get out of the city and unfortunately the M5 has copped at least half a dozen dents that he's found as well. Fortunately the GTI was tucked away safe at home in the garage and we'd just dropped off the BMW at undercover parking near the airport. Have heard from a few people on Detail Addiction forum that had their cars destroyed :(

Just some vids from youtube that i was checking out... there's stacks on there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifBkcS0gE_A - Few stories up as it hit the city
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfT5dEKaUdk - Wait for the water flow through the city!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHvszYnUTo - Elizabeth River.... errr street

GP_GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Had the GTI assessed this morning, it will go to the Dr for a week and I am assured I will see nothing of the hail damage :biggrin:

Same with the Jackaroo.

Damn storm cost me $1000 :mad:

Still, many are much worse off, so not really complaining.

Now to put all the bits back on both cars......