GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

<MELB> Phillip Island June 8th track day

GTI-07

Banned
Car(s)
GTI 07
hey guys,
as i have seen, queensland and NSW have alot of trackdays, so i thought why not have one in melb as well, well i went to barloworld, my dealer and they said theres an open day down at phillip island, so ive done some research and here soem info on it.

Calendar - Jun 07

Vic State Racing Championship

Starting Time: Saturday 09 Jun '07 at 09:00:00 (AEST)

Ending Time: Sunday 10 Jun '07 at 17:00:00 (AEST)

The Victorian State Racing Championship is a state round of motor car racing conducted by the Phillip Island Auto Racing Club (PIARC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motor Vehicle Open Practice Day

Starting Time: Friday 08 Jun '07 at 09:00:00 (AEST)

Ending Time: Friday 08 Jun '07 at 17:00:00 (AEST)

Motor Vehicle Open Practice Day
On Track Hours: 9am - 5pm

All applicants must hold a current CAMS Licence.
application forms here - http://www.phillipislandcircuit.com.au/uploads/Entry%20Form.8June.pdf

--------------------------------------------
as it said, you need cams licence, so iv done some reaserch on that as well and heres info on it -
http://cams.com.au/content.asp?PageID=Competitors&ObjectID=311

so yeh, it takes about 1.5 week to get the licence int he mail, and its a cost of 88 bucks i think but i think tis worth it due to theres open days nearly every month or so, so yeh.
its about 160(pay on the day) or 150(pre paid), for the actual track day.
i was thinking if we get enough people we can prob get 1-2 garages for tuning and maintence.

if people are interested, i will proceed with organisation, if not then i won't.

p.s there is another open day on 31st of aug, just incase if you guys wanna do it later on.

Im also trying to find out if they offer permits ont eh day down there, so yeh just gotta wait for them to reply.
i will also do some mroe research and see if we can get on to winton or even sandown via murcotts or something.
if any got suggestion please post!

GTILIN

Banned
Car(s)
Golf GTI 3 Door BM
Count me in for whenever...my car needs to stretch its legs

ONGIE

Don't leave without me...but wait, I'm not tracking it..I will gladly participate in the drive there...I'll be the photographer...and drive back with my fellow GTIrs.

Anyways...I'm in for the ride...let us know, thanks

Buccaneer

Ready to race!
Hm the CAMS site didnt specify whether you could apply for one if you were driving on a foreign license. I'll have to give them a ring to check on that.

ONGIE

^ Hey Buccs, did you stay uplate to finish that sig?...IT LOOKS AWESOME!! :thumbsup: ...BTW missed you at the meet!...so hopefully you can make this one.

Buccaneer

Ready to race!
^ Hey Buccs, did you stay uplate to finish that sig?...IT LOOKS AWESOME!! :thumbsup: ...BTW missed you at the meet!...so hopefully you can make this one.

Hey man. Nah, I bummed that image off Daemon42 who posted it on the vwvortex R32 Forum, December 2004. He was show casing the Haldex 4motion on the MK4 R32 :w00t:

Full video at http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1538218 (really good stuff)

And about the meet up, I came home late the night before from a friend's birthday party. Was held in the city on Friday night, so I had a bit of a drink & a lot of fun. Too much fun in fact that I got home at 5 am and woke up at 1 pm the next day! You guys were long gone up the road by then and I was pissed with myself for missing out on the get together since I had promised to come along and judging from the pics / youtube videos / the follow up posts, you guys had a lot of fun! :drinking:

I'll try harder to make it for the next meet up! :burnrubber:

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Winton isn't too hard to organise, esp during the week but you'll find Sandown and particularly PI are very expensive to book. Might be worth asking someone from EXE club about Winton as they have had 3-4 tracks days there now and no CAMS licence required.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
According to the Winton Motor Raceway website, the track is open for practice most Fridays. Friday 1st June is a cars only practice day and the remaining three Fridays in June are open practice. i.e. cars, bikes & superkarts.

I'm heading up there on the 27th May for the Historic Winton meeting. If the weather is nice....it's a great day.

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Can get a bit crowded on open practice days sometimes from what i've heard and its not nearly as well controlled as a set track day so you have cars (and bikes?) of all speeds out there and interfering with each other as opposed to a controlled group of usually no more than 10 cars all of similar speed.

GTI-07

Banned
Car(s)
GTI 07
yeh, winton is easy to organise, but the thing is that winton is a pretty basic track, while phillip island and sandown are actually pretty good track with good size bends and good to practise pivoting and cornering in FWD:)
winton and calder are 2 straight for me personally.

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
LOL winton straight? I think you might have Winton confused with somewhere else as its quite a narrow, tight and twisty track! Sandown is far less complicated than Winton.... quite a bit faster though... and then PI faster again.

Patchy

Ready to race!
Dunno if i belong here but i'm pretty keen to stretch the legs of my GTI but have never gone on the track before, let alone have a CAMS lisence. I'm all for it, probably tag along if the phillip island thing happends but if a non CAMS event crops up i'll definately be there.

ONGIE

Dunno if i belong here but i'm pretty keen to stretch the legs of my GTI but have never gone on the track before, let alone have a CAMS lisence. I'm all for it, probably tag along if the phillip island thing happends but if a non CAMS event crops up i'll definately be there.

Hi Patchy...I see you have a TR GTI MK5...well then, of course you belong here...welcome man...I'm also going to tag on for the ride to PhipIsnd and like you I will not be tracking...the guys on this forum are great, enjoy your stay...hope to see you on the day :thumbsup: