GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mein Mädchen gibt dem bösen Blick

kevvve

TÜ MÄDR3
wow this is looking veryy good. I aw the boser kit on tmt and was considering getting it. As for the osir lip...not to bad...i m looking forward to the finshed product...any comment on the price of this little project you have goin?

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Car(s)
89, 97 Jetta, 07 GTI
flat black golf in the corner win

Nyboy07

Gray Fox
Car(s)
UG MKV
If you don't mind me asking, how much did they quote you for? Looks Sick!:thumbsup:

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
Looking good. Not too out there, not too subtle.

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
thanks for the positive feedback guys! I was really nervous about how the boser would turn out, and now my worries have melted away after receiving these pics!

The cost of the project is high. I gotta say that I have been saving for this since August and it started with a simple lower paint & notch fill with a lip. Then slowly I became obsessed with the idea of shaving the bumper... so I switched to eating ramen every day for lunch. I shopped around for a grille and thats when I saw my first boser hood w/o fender work :wub: not having a gf over the holidays for the first time in a decade, I was able to rationalize with myself that going all out on the hood would be like a gift to my sweetheart that I can truly say is the girl of my dreams!

When I bought the car at the dealership over a year ago I had a "stone guard" clear shield package added onto the loan. I waited to do it mainly because I was never a full on fan of the front end of our cars and knew body work was in my future. Once that stuff is put on there is no gong back! That kinda pushed me over the edge on having the lip moulded in. The whole front end will be nearly seamless and literally exactly what I had envisioned almost two years ago when I first started to look at the mkv.

I shopped around a bit getting a few rough estimates. I ended up going with the highest. I really only would have saved roughly 15-20% by going with the cheaper, less experienced shops. Once you spend a certain amount the last few hundred bucks look smaller then before. I turned it into a percentage and not a number because it's easier to swallow and kinda helps put it in perspective.

I provided the lip, fog covers and grille.

If my loan wasn't a 0% for my baby, I would have never done this so soon!... oh the things we do for love!! It is not just a car now. It's a "work of art" the shop told me. I couldn't agree more.

Last edited:

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
flat black golf in the corner win

I was waiting for someone to mention that car! It's an 83 that has a ton of body mods and a g60 waiting to go in it. The interior will be custom as well. This car will be a show stopper once done!

When I go to pick up my car I will snap a few photos of the other dubs in the shop. They got a rabbit truck there on bags where the bed sits about knee high!

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
I saw the boser kit on tmt and was considering getting it.

The shop told me the kits are nothing to waste your money on. It's just flat low grade steel in three pieces. They had worked with kits before and said they spent more time fussing with them then it's worth. Better steel and being able to say it's a full custom is way more important to me and the shop.

On a side note... The bump strips on the 08+ years do not have the headlight washers. If you ever wanted to shave your bumper and have washers you should go buy the inserts for the non-washer style and bring them to the shop. It will be cheaper, cleaner and easier to work with. :w00t:

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
primer stage...

Went and checked out the final bit of metal work before it goes to the point of no return. It's looking super good! Amazing amount of time and care has gone into shaping the hood and making the front look as seamless as possible. It was fellow dubbers here in the region from this forum who helped me find this shop and I couldn't be happier! Thanks people!

Here are some pics from today:

Here are the Osir fog inserts up next to the stock fogs:

You can see how much bigger the Osir covers are. It covers up a bit of the body line that cuts in towards the vents. It was one of the first things I noticed once the part was in my hands. It's not enough to detour me from running them for a bit and enjoying the radical look it will give the car.

Dreamwerks shop:

Next round of pics should be with paint on ready to drive out the door! :happyanim:

Last edited:

gtnub

Ready to race!
Man that's lookin sick!

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
thats looking awesome, but its gonna be rock-chip heaven haha clear-bra that shit!