GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mechatronics P0868

thegr8brian

Passed Driver's Ed
So I had my car in the dealership a few weeks back and they were fixing some things and then they said they also noticed a fault code P0868 and concluded that the mechatronics must be replaced, so they ordered one for me. So yesterday the mechatronics finally came in and they replaced it and apparently the code was still there after trying to clear it a few times. The dealership said they had never seen this before so they contacted Volkswagen of America and apparently they are looking into it now.

Hopefully I should have my car back but it's a bit nerve racking knowing my car is in there with a chip unbeknownst to them!:frown:

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them or has heard of it. Also if anyone could tell me what P0868 is, there isn't a single reference to it on the forum after searching and I dabbled with google but to no avail.

thegr8brian

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks...Strange I can't find much in the way of DSG's having this problem still...

thegr8brian

Passed Driver's Ed

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
Do you have a 'test pipe' file? Because then it's pretty obvious you're chipped if your obd monitors are not complete.

If you have a non-test pipe file I think you should definitely not worry about it.

KaJ

Ready to race!
Do you have a 'test pipe' file? Because then it's pretty obvious you're chipped if your obd monitors are not complete.

If you have a non-test pipe file I think you should definitely not worry about it.

Yeah... it is too easy to find out you are chipped on a stage 2 car.

thegr8brian

Passed Driver's Ed
Nope still stage 1 thankfully I guess...

So no one has any ideas for what this could be related to?...Is the tranny fluid pressure sensor on the mechatronics unit? Because if it's not maybe it's a faulty sensor, but if it is then it can't be since its on the second mech unit now.

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
Nope still stage 1 thankfully I guess...

So no one has any ideas for what this could be related to?...Is the tranny fluid pressure sensor on the mechatronics unit? Because if it's not maybe it's a faulty sensor, but if it is then it can't be since its on the second mech unit now.

I don't think the mecha is related to the level sensor but I don't know for sure.

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
My guess is that when they replaced your mecha they didn't top it up right. You should see the bentley manual filling the DSG up with the proper amount of oil is actually HARD(requires scan tool, proper temps, switching through the gears, draining off excess, etc)...so I could see them not doing it properly and just the 5.5L.

thegr8brian

Passed Driver's Ed
My guess is that when they replaced your mecha they didn't top it up right. You should see the bentley manual filling the DSG up with the proper amount of oil is actually HARD(requires scan tool, proper temps, switching through the gears, draining off excess, etc)...so I could see them not doing it properly and just the 5.5L.

hmm... sounds plausible but at the same time the code was happening before they installed it and the fluid was never changed before that.

thegr8brian

Passed Driver's Ed
Well apparently Volkswagen told them to reflash the ECM, after that they apparently got the idea that my car is chipped. So they checked and the said that may be why because the mechatronics unit file did not match up with the stock file or something. So now my service manager is trying to get them to reflash under warranty still but he said it may be tricky...

Personally I think all this flashing is gonna get us right back to the same spot and then they better not void my warranty when they see the chip did not do anything.

:frown: