GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

me vs stang

kev24k

Go Kart Champion
Brand new but v6. Guy had HIDs and came up on me fast and pulled next to me at a red light. He kept looking over at me hard. I thought he was gonna go for it at green, but the area has speed traps + waste of time for me. To my surprise he doesn't go for it. He stays next to me while going 30 and kept looking over at me. This guy was like 40 something too. Suddenly he gets on it so I said bye bye. Its hard for me not to go when someone gives me that many hard looks. I shut down with I don't know how many lengths and slowed for the red light ahead. Suddenly this guy comes FLYING by me going who knows how fast. Prlly 100+. I guess he didn't see the red or doesn't understand basic physics cause he SLAMS on the breaks and skid into the intersection almost sideways. I make a left to go home at the light, and while its red, I was looking over at him to try and pry a glance. He is stone cold looking straight ahead looking crazy embarrassed. I get a green arrow and honk twice. He looks over and I just pointed and laughed for a sec, then continued.

This guy was just plain bad. I shutdown going no faster than 75. This road is 6 lanes across. Late at night barely any cars. Why anyone would go crazy fast past someone and almost go through an intersection is beyond me.

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Why did you waste your time on him? You have a K04.

Speeddemon96

Go Kart Champion
Why did you waste your time on him? You have a K04.

for real kev, lol come on.....YOU HAVE A K04!! I want to hear a story of you racing a tuned 335i or Modded SRT4 or a c6 vette or an EVO, STI or some crazy shit like that!! not even i bother with the v6 stangs anymore.

Oh btw kev im going to the track on friday (moroso aka palm beach raceway) if you can make it i would be honored! I would really like to see that k04 running on the track. gotta take advantage of the cooler temps!! :thumbsup:

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
lol its fun putting people in their place though. the other night was behind a newer stang GT with damn nice sound exhaust at a light. We pull out of the light he goes around the car in front of him and GOES and it sounded good so i went hoping to at least stay close. Needless to say hes screaming and shifting perfectly and im right behind him and hes not really pulling away. when i started slowly gaining on his ass i look down and we are at 130.. stangs start to die around there. At the next light i look over hoping to get a thumbs up and instead i see this kid giving me the dirtiest look. So i i held up 4 fingers at him and mouthed "4 cylinder" and he just looked away

JimmyzMKV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' CW GTI 5 Door
I had a similar event with a mustang. This kid pulls up next to me at the light in his GT. He's revving it and points forward. The light changed as he was looking at me and I took off. I left him by about 2 car lengths before he could react. I hammered it for about 2 blocks and by the time I shut down I was like 6 car lengths ahead of him. We pull up at the next light and he just looks straight ahead, his g/f is laughing now. I rev my engine and he won't even look at me. He starts yelling at his g/f now as I take off again. He never tried to catch up this this time. I'm 52 and he was maybe 22 or 23. I'm sure the conversation in his car was something like "that old ass guy just kicked your ass in a 4 door hatch back!" That was too funny...

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
its fun. i mean i know they are faster. and this guy should def be faster and i was behind the whole time (but started behind him at the light). But being able to hold with a BIG BAD V8 is fun lol

JimmyzMKV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' CW GTI 5 Door
Most times they won't even look at you after the slaughter. I know I got a damn good jump on that GT, but it was still a kill. I've even had them turn off to avoid the dreaded 4 cylinder smile. When I get beat I at least give the thumbs up to them...