GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mazdaspeed 3

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Also, was talking out of my ass when I said 260whp :lol:

They'll do 330whp like you're friend said. Makes sense, right? The engine is an air pump and the turbo is the limiting factor for flow. So a maxed out k04 setup does about the same in a TSI as it would any other motor. Save other effects like the efficiency of the burn and conversion to mechanical power.

butchered by autocorrecr

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Also, was talking out of my ass when I said 260whp :lol:

They'll do 330whp like you're friend said. Makes sense, right? The engine is an air pump and the turbo is the limiting factor for flow. So a maxed out k04 setup does about the same in a TSI as it would any other motor. Save other effects like the efficiency of the burn and conversion to mechanical power.

butchered by autocorrecr

I thought it was a different style K04? I figured our TSI's might be a little more efficient considering the direct injected etc. But I have no idea what the MS3 is made of

That's the hta3076 there. Maisonvi on this forum. AFAIK that's not his final revision either, and it's also pump gas. He may dial it back to spare the rods.

butchered by autocorrecr

Those are some good numbers for stock block, my friend said they hold 500whp stock. Sure..

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

maisonvi

Ready to race!
Yes I'm driving a speed 3 with a hta3076 right now. I'm at about 360/380 on 93 pump at 22 psi. Trying to tune out the tq right now. Hope to up boost a bit and will plan to be aroind 400/360. That's about the limit of the stock rods. I could easily push 450+ whp with this set up and a splash of E85.

The record I've heard on a stock K04 is something like 360whp/400wtq. That was built motor, not sure of fueling.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Yes I'm driving a speed 3 with a hta3076 right now. I'm at about 360/380 on 93 pump at 22 psi. Trying to tune out the tq right now. Hope to up boost a bit and will plan to be aroind 400/360. That's about the limit of the stock rods. I could easily push 450+ whp with this set up and a splash of E85.

The record I've heard on a stock K04 is something like 360whp/400wtq. That was built motor, not sure of fueling.

That's some crazy tq for stock k04, did the turbo have any issues?? Surge etc.

Those are some great numbers, any plans for the bottom end?

maisonvi

Ready to race!
That's some crazy tq for stock, did the turbo have any issues?? Surge etc

It was miles past its efficiency range. Really it was a test to see what it could do. When I get to a computer I can post a link. It had to be breathing fire at that point

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
It was miles past its efficiency range. Really it was a test to see what it could do. When I get to a computer I can post a link. It had to be breathing fire at that point

Gotcha, makes much more sense now. Same situation with the VW's

maisonvi

Ready to race!
Gotcha, makes much more sense now. Same situation with the VW's

Yeah gotta go bigger if you wanna push past 350. I had a GT3071 and put down 365, with somewhat limited mods and needing to work on the tune.

There is a modified stock turbo (BNR S3) that has a gt28 chra and is capable of 400whp.

Spirius

Ready to race!
cosmetically, the first generation looks much better. I'm actually very fond of it. Just can't handle the smiley face on the 2nd gens though.

maisonvi

Ready to race!
cosmetically, the first generation looks much better. I'm actually very fond of it. Just can't handle the smiley face on the 2nd gens though.

Yeah glad I have a gen 1. Seats are better, looks better (and more low key which I like). Second gens have better pistons and slightly different gearing that is nice but looks wise everyone likes the gen 1 better. Although I have seen some well done 2nd gens.