GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Manual withdrawal..

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
nyc

As a hardcore stick-shift guy myself I think you bring up a fair point, and one that I have considered myself. I am looking at it as "something different" whether good or bad. It is nice to have some "new technology" in a car. And I look forward to experimenting with it. After the test drive I was very impressed and the paddle option was a lot of fun for me. I will look forward to driving it, I can tell.

However, my R32 is my DD and the option to drive it in full automatic mode is appealing when you are stuck in Chicago stop-n-go traffic for 3-4 hours everyday. If I want my true shifting fix then I have other cars to satisfy that. If the R32 was my only car, or I did not have to commute everyday, I would probably be looking at a 6spd.

nycdookieee

Ready to race!
let me also add that everyday that i drive it in M, be it with the paddles or the shifter, i find it more and more engaging. i agree that its very responsive and a blast.

i spent most of my time on local roads too. didnt meant to sound like i was complaining.....but i just get that feeling you know?

I never thought I'd say this, but the DSG has me wanting nothing else. I love it, and I was as die hard for manual as anyone before the R32. But I can see how you might feel as you do. However, my right foot IS itching for another 150 HP though. That turbo kit is starting to look good to me. Funny thing is, the DSG may become the weak link when it comes to big HP (I've heard mixed reports on this).

keviiiiin

vDubbin
after driving manual for two years straight, i will admit that i miss it sometimes. but i love the DSG and i always feel i'm in total control of the car just like in a manual.

GTI-HaPpY

HaPpY TurBo
Car(s)
08' golf GTI
do i havent really driving any other cars beside my GTI lately so when i moved my dad's car the other day i turned it on.. wheres the clutch? put it in drive and dont even need to press nuttin beside the breaks.. it was weird lol

maxmonster

Account Suspended
Car(s)
VW GTI
i sorta new to stick... and as i am a broke or nearly broke college student, my gti is my only car. pretty much every week i can bet my life that i will hit traffic on tuesday, thursday, and friday ( going to work, coming back from work, and going home after work on fridays) i was getting pretty good with my dads truck but i still didnt want to just all of a sudden stall on the freeway one day. ill be honest my left foot does want to feel that clutch pedal sometimes when im shifting. but hey... dsg is pretty fun too.