GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

M17, Right Back-Up Light Woes

msushorty9

Vehicle of interest is a 2009 vw gti (CBFA) DSG.

So basically for the past few months I've had a DTC bulb warning on my instrument panel. The DTC comes on when I start the car. When I clear the DTC the light bulb indicator warning DTC on the dash remains off until I shift into reverse. When I shift into reverse my left rear back-up light comes on, but a DTC on the instrument cluster of my right M17 bulb comes on.

I've tried everything that I can think of. I've replaced every single bulb, swapped bulb housings, eliminated my LED bulbs, replaced my rear hatch wiring harness and even replaced my J519 (CECM). I've checked all fuses associated with the mechatronics (J743), J519 and M17 bulb. The only thing I can think of is a short in my circuit. The pin out on the J519, I believe is B1, what happens from there to the rear hatch wiring harness is a bit of a mystery to me. I'm hoping to maybe get a list of ideas on how to troubleshoot this. I'll follow up with my Ohmeter testing at fuse SC4 and at the bulb housing itself. Also not sure which grounds to check.

VCDS of my central electronics is as follows:

1 Fault Found:
01519- Bulf for Back-Up Lights; Right (M17)
012- Electrical Fault in Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101100
Fault priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset Counter: 121

Freeze Frame:
ON
Voltage: 13.05V
ON
ON
ON
OFF
ON

I've searched every forum possible, read the Bentley manual and even had a less than satisfactory dealership try to diagnose the problem with no luck. This is my last resort.

With thanks,

GP