GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lynnwood,WA speed trap!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
168th St SW @ Meadowdale High School.

The speed goes from 30-20 in less than a block. States the the speed has to be 20 "when children or amber light are blinking." My wife went up there this A.M. after school was in session and no kids were around and amber light was blinking. Today after lunch she was driving back from the same area ... no kids and the amber light was blinking still!

She got a $124 ticket in the mail over this blinkin' light! Jesse Jones just got an earful.

Last edited:

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
21 views and no comment. Amazing!

Nitro605

605 AA/FC
yes they have cameras there, i believe there are 2 per direction. If there is a school zone with flashing lights, why not just go the speed limit it says?

Lynwood has some of the worse cops around, i am surprised that you are surprised by this.

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)

Strikered

Ready to race!
It does state the speed limit is 20mph when either kids are around or the amber light is blinking, so yeah....it sucks but just dont speed in that area next time.

I got a ticket in Ballard once. School was already in session, but the damn light was still blinking and I got pulled over. No way to talk yourself out of that one - light was blinking, I was going over 20 - pretty straight forward.

It sucks, but its there for a reason. I can only imagine having kids going to that school...I would want everyone to slow the fuck down too haha

RelientOne

Lurking
They are putting in more and more speed cams in school zones so they don't have to patrol the areas, I knew of a judge in Lake Forest Park that would let you go if there was only one child since the sign says children but, as stated if its blinking, slow it down.