GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lumbar Support Replacement Help needed

GorData

Ready to race!
I need to replace the lumbar support unit but I don't even know how to begin to take the seat apart. Anyone have any advice or experience with the matter, I don't own a bentley manual just yet but I will soon.

thuggishSWAN

shouldn't your 2008 still be under warranty? i just had mine fixed at the dealer. they had to order a whole new seat frame. took them forever too because the idiots kept ordering the wrong parts...

GorData

Ready to race!
My car is out of warranty, I am at 78000 miles already....

langer

i fix teefs
shouldn't your 2008 still be under warranty? i just had mine fixed at the dealer. they had to order a whole new seat frame. took them forever too because the idiots kept ordering the wrong parts...
Sounds very familiar. Day 1) They have my car all day only to call me at the end of the day to tell me they had ordered the wrong part. Day 2) They have my car all day only to call me at the end of the day to tell me the guy who works on the seats can't be contacted. Day 3) They finally fix it.

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
GorData

I have done this before, it was a PITA

U will need a Huge set of Balls and a set of 12 point torx bits.

1. Take out the seats, Unscrew the 4 bolts and unplug Wire harness
2. Turn seat on it side and take off the plastic bits. The roller knob for the back rest.
then take off the up/down lever, which slides off.
3. Unplug all the Wire harness under seat
4. Once u take the plastic bits on the sides of the seat u will see the 12 torx screws.
5. take these off to disconnect the top to the bottom.
6. Make sure to disconnect all the wire harness under seat

If u get this far then u are good enough to finish the DIY.........LOL

Taking the seats apart requires a skill level of 15 out of 1-10!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not work for VW and im not liable for ur or any body fuck ups, BUT i will help u as much as possible.....

Good luck

Last edited:

GorData

Ready to race!
Doesn't sound that bad but I need to source the lumbar support, stealership wants $600 for this particular part. I may just leave it alone and if I find a replacement seat, swap it out.

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
WTF....... They are crazy

If u have the part number u can call or look on ECSTunning website and see if they have it for less.

If its that much then i would leave it till u find a whole seats to replace it.... like u said.

I hope this helps any, good luck bubba

GorData

Ready to race!
I will just hold out for a seat. I found numerous thread about the lumbar support breaking, making it a widespread issue. I dont see why they would want $500+ for it anyways.