GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low vacuum, slight rough idle - help!

DietGarfield

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GLI
Hi everyone -

My car has developed a slight problem, without a CEL. I noticed the vacuum gauge doesn't read as low as it used to (-22 inHg) at idle or at coasting - it'll hit -22 white coasting while cold sometimes. While idling, it'll sit at -19 and shake a bit (rough idle). It does not do so under load, like when the AC is on.

The dealer hooked the car up to the computer and it said my coil packs were shorting out. I figured it was reasonable given our coil packs tend to fail, so i got some new ones - nothing different.

I've changed my spark plugs with OEM, my intake manifold was replaced under warranty, and my timing chain seals failed so they were replaced previously.

I checked my PCV valve and it seems to be working fine (no tears in the seals, blew into it and it holds the air, dipstick test). Checked diverter valve for tears, it was fine. About a year ago, when the intake manifold was replaced, I asked them to checked the intake valves and they said they looked fine (car just hit 50k miles).

Seems to hold boost fine, i holds consistent boost and still peaks at 23psi in higher gears. But, i don't have a vagcom to test real vs requested boost.

I'll check the MAF on the weekend, but I'm not too hopeful.

Any ideas? Small vacuum leak? dirty valves? something with the ignition? throttle body? I'm scraping for anything to go by.:iono: